freesat v7 hd power vu/biss keys tutorial

Have a freesat v7hd on a very large dish clearing a few horsey channels.The box isnt connected to internet but seems to clear some $ channels.I presume this is power vu or biss keys? I was just wondering has anyone a tutorial or anything of how to do this? Have a new box coming this week the gt v8hd which just seems a newer version and i would really like to learn
Thanks in advance

Which channels are clearing for you?
SIS channels on 4.8e are encrypted in powervu with daily rolling keys. If you have emm keys on your box these keys will auto update.

After a quick search it seems your box can handle a SoftCam.Key file.
This is just a file for storing keys for several different encryptions. You can create your own and input latest keys or download a pre made one. This file is then imported/transferred to your box.

Which channels are clearing for you?
SIS channels on 4.8e are encrypted in powervu with daily rolling keys. If you have emm keys on your box these keys will auto update.

After a quick search it seems your box can handle a SoftCam.Key file.
This is just a file for storing keys for several different encryptions. You can create your own and input latest keys or download a pre made one. This file is then imported/transferred to your box.
it clears the channel u mentioned and a right few other betting channels,this box is not connected to internet,no ethernet and i looked at wireless and it gave 3g option but not connected,i have experience with cccam enigma 2 and the dear old openbox but this is above my head lol

If you have a wired internet connection go to "LAN" press OK on "Active" then "Setup" then "Connect",
for wifi you need a Dongle - go to wifi & press "Active" then "Wifi Manager" & then OK to enter wifi key
For CCcam -
Create a cam file in notepad, save as CCcam.cfg (Save as type - All Files)
cam file should look like this in notepad
C: Server Address port ID password
Put the file on on a USB,
Insert USB, Goto - Menu - Network - Press 6666 - CS Protocol - CCcam, - then press OK on "USB Account", press OK on "Yes" to load the file, then press "Apply" and "Yes" to confirm, status should show "ECM ready"
More information on Freesat

Last edited:
Funny thing is this box isn’t plugged into ethernet or dosent seem to have an internet connection when I checked in settings,it seems to clear ok and never sticks or glitches

OP isn’t looking to get CCcam running.

You won’t get any glitches watching channels opening with keys.
If things are running fine for the channels you want then I wouldn’t change anything.

An example of Powervu keys format looks like below:

P 0000 00 <key>
P 0000 01 <key>

00 and 01 are odd and even key indexes.
These are used to determine which key is currently in use (00 or 01)

If you want to take a look at your current config I believe you can export it from your box to usb, then load that file on a pc and open using a notepad editor.

Funny thing is this box isn’t plugged into ethernet or dosent seem to have an internet connection when I checked in settings,it seems to clear ok and never sticks or glitches
I was just showing you how to enter a CCcam line as you will probably want to watch encrypted channels on other Sats.
delboy1234 had already explained in post 2, that these are powervu channels, they don't need an internet connection, they use SoftCam Keys, the receiver autorolls some of these, Discovery channels on 12322 v & Diva channels on 12303 H should also autoroll, just leave it on a channel for a while until the picture appears, to export the softcam file - Menu -Tools - Press OK on Conditional Access - Press 6666 on the remote, "Key Edit" will show - Press OK on "Key Edit" - then save the SoftCam File to USB - Green "Export" button & open it in notepad.

So it must be slightly more advanced that the old starview boxes on cable with autoroll firmware.
They only autroll PowerVu channels, sadly more & more PowerVu channels are changing encryption to Verimatrix which can't be hacked, Discovery channels on some Asian Sats have already changed, & the AFN channels on 9e changed a few months ago, "Fight Network HD" on 15W is still going (12707 H 3700) & should autoroll.
I think the SIS Bookies channels could remain in PowerVu for longer as they would need to update decoders in every bookies in the UK, from google - "As of September 2018 there were 8,406 betting shops in the UK".

thanks for the replies guys the freesat v7hd is running but the usb options are greyed out but i can see an option to dump,hopefully if i stick a pen in it the option might ungrey.The newer gt box has the options available.For all the size of the boxes they seem complicated lol.Ican't really afford to update firmware on working box and run the risk of losing everything lol

Back