Freeview (DVB-T) no signal

claktv

Hi.

I've recently configured my H9 in a way that I can receive both UK Freeview and IPTV channels in order to reduce the amount of HDMI inputs I use.
However, some channels plain refuse to tune (notably 4seven, HD channels), showing no signal on infobar.
It's not the aerial/signal (I don't think) as I've tested this with my existing YouView box and everything is fine.

Is this a known Zgemma trait or some setting that should be configured or are these boxes not powerful enough to pull a proper OTA signal (which is decent here, but not too great. But perfectly fine with YouYiew devices).

Thanks.

I scanned them in and then used ABM set to (what I think are) the correct settings for Black Hill transmitter. Judging by the fact the signal strength is 0, it seems like an aerial problem, but other digiboxes receive the channels fine.

I just did a fresh scan and all the channels are working (albeit in the wrong order). So it looks like an ABM issue. Is there any other way of getting the channel bouquets sorted? Seems the priority is satellite and not OTA.

I just did a fresh scan and all the channels are working (albeit in the wrong order). So it looks like an ABM issue. Is there any other way of getting the channel bouquets sorted? Seems the priority is satellite and not OTA.
Yes use autobouquets maker plugin instead of scanning

Yeah that’s what I am using, but it seems to be pulling in an outdated version of the channel list or something transmitted related. For example, none of the Sony movie channels or HD channels work.

OpenATV 6.2/woosh. The epg is very glitchy at times too, which I don’t remember being an issue when I used this box solely for IPTV.

H9.2H I believe

Use openvix and do not use the autobouquets plugin use the built in version

Men/.tuners and scanning/autobouquetsmaker and go into configure and you can set up your tuners correctly

Best to flash ATV 6.3 or OpenViX so you have latest files for ABM as well as Terrestrial scan plugin if required. Using ABM is not scanning.

Some questions for you:
To which mast is your aerial pointing? (This is not the same as where are you located)
What are your tuners set as?
What type of scan did you conduct? Post a screenshot please.

I don’t know about the mast as it’s a communal aerial. All I know is that the nearest transmitter is Black Hill and it works with other digiboxes.

Tuner A -DVBT/T2
Tuner B (sat) - not configured

A FTA automatic scan pulls in the correct channels (minus a few), but using ABM to sort the numbering seems to mess the frequencies up.

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
One thing I must mention is that I had to download autobouquetsmaker manually as it wasn’t on the box. What’s the latest version? I’m on 3.1

Last edited:
One thing I must mention is that I had to download autobouquetsmaker manually as it wasn’t on the box. What’s the latest version?

Try this posted by @Abu Baniaz

In autobouquetsmaker choose about latest version is Autobouquetsmaker 31.

In autobouquetsmaker goto configure change show DVB-T frequency finder to yes then green to save.

Go down to DVB-T frequency finder and run it.

The frequencies will be probed. This will take a while.

At the end of this stage of the process, a new ABM provider will be created. Names will vary. In this.

Disable the "official" ABM provider called "Freeview (UK)". It isn't working fully for you, so no point using it.
You can re-enable it after the ABM file has been updated with the details you upload.

Select the newly created provider and then run ABM (perfom an ABM scan).

The new provider file will be called terrestrial_finder.xml and located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
To save you having to run the scan again, save the file.

Better still, submit a pull request on Github so that details can be added to ABM.
If not possible or unsure, upload to forum zipped
and someone will do it.

Dsayers- doing that sorted it, thanks very much.

So that’s Freeview done, just need to work on a custom channel list for e2m3u2bouquet now for IPTV.

thanks

Dsayers- doing that sorted it, thanks very much.

So that’s Freeview done, just need to work on a custom channel list for e2m3u2bouquet now for IPTV.

thanks
Can you upload the xml file for @abuto upload this way it can be added to update provider files.

I’ve went to work - I’ll do it when I get home. Won’t forget as I have to look at IPTV-related stuff anyway
Florian

@dsayers2014 , I also have had problems with freeview on terrestrial transmitter set for Darvel I get bouquets on normal and HD channels normal channels, none of them work only ones in HD section. I did what you suggested and have terrestrial_finder.xml
in the file it has named it as <name>Central Scotland terrestrial</name> I actuall am scanning from region AYR but Darvel should be transmitter.
The terrestrial_finder.xml is working I get all the channels now .
here is the file

Attachments

• terrestrial_finder.zip
    954 bytes · Views: 16
Try this posted by @Abu Baniaz

In autobouquetsmaker choose about latest version is Autobouquetsmaker 31.

In autobouquetsmaker goto configure change show DVB-T frequency finder to yes then green to save.

Go down to DVB-T frequency finder and run it.

The frequencies will be probed. This will take a while.

At the end of this stage of the process, a new ABM provider will be created. Names will vary. In this.

Disable the "official" ABM provider called "Freeview (UK)". It isn't working fully for you, so no point using it.
You can re-enable it after the ABM file has been updated with the details you upload.

Select the newly created provider and then run ABM (perfom an ABM scan).

The new provider file will be called terrestrial_finder.xml and located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
To save you having to run the scan again, save the file.

Better still, submit a pull request on Github so that details can be added to ABM.
If not possible or unsure, upload to forum zipped
and someone will do it.
Worked a treat for me in East Midlands, have attached my file.

Attachments

• east_midlands_terrestrial_finder.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 13
The only two options I found to work where emley moore and belmont. both give same results. Ironically Nottingham is my closest but gave me an error when running a scan.

Back