Freeview missing regional channels

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Yesterday, I decided to rescan the Freeview channels on my TV. I really don't know why but now I am missing Channel 1 (BBC East Midlands) and 3 (ITV) from my channel list.

This is on an android TV, not on an e2 box etc.

I can access the channels ie channel 800 is also BBC 1 East Midlands but I don't have a channel 1.

I have checked my other freeview TV and that is getting a bbc east midlands signal on channel 1 but I have not tried rescanning the channels on it.

My Antenna is pointing to the Waltham transmitter, if I look at the channels on the same frequency as BBC 1 East Midlands (562 MHz) such as BBC 2 and other BBC channels they are all good and running a channel diagnostics (option on the tv) on them it shows signal strength 96% and signal quality 100%.

Does anyone have any idea's, I have just cleared my channel list, rebooted the tv and then did another automatic scan but its made no difference

EDIT: After rebooting tv and rescanning, ITV is now listed on Channel 3 but still nothing on Channel 1.

Last edited:
Sounds as though it's putting a different region on ch1 if BBC East Midlands is in the 800's.

Presumably reception of the other region isn't that strong if the channel doesn't work but why the scan would favour that region and place it on the higher number I'm not quite sure.

Sounds as though it's putting a different region on ch1 if BBC East Midlands is in the 800's.

Presumably reception of the other region isn't that strong if the channel doesn't work but why the scan would favour that region and place it on the higher number I'm not quite sure.
I sorted it after a few days, not sue what happened but after god knows how many reboots, rescans etc the channel returned to channel 1

Back