Freeview Plus Box - recommendations

Mr H

I'm moving away from Sky but my wife like to series link and record a lot of free to air TV programmes. Please can someone recommend a freeview plus box? I don't really want to be paying more than £80.
I've noticed a 500GB Goodmans one on Ebuyer for £60, does anyone have one of these?

Thanks

You know when you leave sky you keep the sky box it just shows freeview shows so you could still use that.

Are you sure? it doesn't work like that on the old white box that I have upstairs. It just functions as a freeview box only. If and I remove the card from the HD box (that is soon to be out of use) and try to record, it says "insert sky viewing card".

keep the card in to use it as freeview,

you will still need the two sat cables connected,

Will still work the same just no sky channels

Thanks for the feedback but I am pretty certain it won't work as a recording box unless I pay Sky £10 plus a month to use it as a freeview recording device, this was definitely the case 12months ago.

Im doing it with my old sky hd box????

You are right gf just said were still paying £10 a month to sky ( not for much longer tho ROFL )

Last edited:
Oh dear, hope I haven't got anyone in trouble! Thanks for the update though, I think I might get one of the Goodmans boxes. Last time I bought anything goodmans was early 90's.

maybe a sat box like a vu solo2 as you can record onto that same idea as a skybox,and if you went into the other bit to open up the other channels could have sports and movies in sd and bbc1 ch4 and itv in hd, a freesat box will give you loads of free channels but unsure when recording if its only the same channel or tp used so you cannot tape eastenders and look at corrie lol.

I really hope you didn't buy a goodmans box they are total crap, used mine for a week and chucked it in the garage, constant lip sync issues, recordings starting and ending at wrong times, playback issues with no audio, utter rubbish.

I bought a lightly used Talktalk youview box from fleabay for £30. Works fine, 2 tuners and iplayer etc.

i bought a bt view box and had no problems, sky were gonna charge £10 a month to record using the old sky hd box

Back