freezing - a different issue ?

Seen someone with a similar problem on another group a while back and im sure he said something about changing the mac address on the second box fixed it from what i remember not sure if thats any help

Well by way of an update, I am (hopefully) fixed.

Reflashed with woosh 4 on both boxes and turned everything off in the house and brought back in one at a time to see if anything broke the connection again.
All was fine - both boxes sittign around 0.200 on the ecm time for cccam. Bed at 11 - turned teh lights off in the house adn then all of a sudden - 1.5, 3.6 ecm times and loads of freezing. Arrrggghhh!!!!!!!!

Messed around for hours trying to remedy the issue, gave up at 4 AM. We have moved about a month ago so lots of new things to consider, phone cable, filters, LAN cables, broadband, blah blah blah.

Anyway, having set my decent router up and then trying 2 others (cheapo ISP provided) at the different BT sockets, including the master, using with and without the home plugs I eventually moved onto a test from another TK Veteran provider - from this site and bingo.

I even bought a brand new top end router at £150 to see if that made a difference, it did but actually going back to my original cisco x3000 is working fine too. Contemplating keeping the new router anyway as it is pretty flash but £150 of unnecessary spend is a bit hard to swallow..

The home plugs are back in at the moment and working fine - merely to test them out although that the cable version not the wifi version - will play with them later again too.

Got a feeling that as its 4 weeks in its the supplier that had bumped me to a less good server perhaps. Managed to get a pro rata refund though to go towards the new line.

This might help someone in the future - maybe not, but anyway thanks to everyone that chipped in with suggestions.

Rich

Seems like you've had a lot of issues, a test line from another provider would've been my first step, though you may well have done this and I'm just getting to see the happy outcome.

I'll give you that (I phone set up) I do use wireless but on as little as possible. You won't believe the problems wireless signals cause in properties. I had a very interesting case in my own house that took months to work out (unfortunately for me half the house is connected to the bloody Internet)
Oscam now that's the future, if your new to Oscam you might need a few man hours and a little bit more money for this set up [emoji6]

Hi dangerous.
Is Oscam really so much better? I have also heard that from other peeps so gave it a try a while back (took some setting up to work!) but can't say I noticed any difference, but that could be down to me not configuring it properly

I'll give you that (I phone set up) I do use wireless but on as little as possible. You won't believe the problems wireless signals cause in properties. I had a very interesting case in my own house that took months to work out (unfortunately for me half the house is connected to the bloody Internet)
Oscam now that's the future, if your new to Oscam you might need a few man hours and a little bit more money for this set up [emoji6]

Hi dangerous.
Is Oscam really so much better? I have also heard that from other peeps so gave it a try a while back (took some setting up to work!) but can't say I noticed any difference, but that could be down to me not configuring it properly
Only just started playing around with it to be honest but i'm learning fast. I picked up 3 crap servers and put them into Oscam and bingo I've got a receiver running perfect (its still on test at the moment but looking really good) I've just got one receiver trialing Oscam at the moment.

I think its got its advantages but then again i'm running 4 connections off 1 N line and apart from the odd glitch its runs really well so it all depends what you want out of your TV viewing experience, i don't actually watch much TV so i'm all up for utilising my money wisely (1 line for all receivers) If money was no object and you want a near flawless TV experience i would buy 2 or 3 lines from different servers and put them into Oscam. ;)

Just to add, if you pick up a decent N line you can have a near glitch free service as well and its relatively cheap to run.

Last edited:

Hi dangerous.
Only just started playing around with it to be honest but i'm learning fast. I picked up 3 crap servers and put them into oscam and bingo i've got a receiver running perfect (its still on test at the moment but looking really good) I've just got one receiver trialing oscam at the moment.

I think its got its advantages but then again i'm running 4 connections off 1 N line and apart from the odd glitch its runs really well so it all depends what you want out of your TV viewing experience, i don't actually watch much TV so i'm all up for utilising my money wisely (1 line for all receivers) If money was no abject and you want a near flawless TV experience i would buy 2 or 3 lines from different servers and put them into oscam. ;)

Just to add, if you pick up a decent N line you can have a near glitch free service as well and its relative cheap to run.

Thanks for that. It sounds like a project for me to try :). I am correct to assume it operates on wooshbuild OpenATV?

Yes will work on Openvix and openATv (wooshes build) i've had it working with N lines and C lines on sat, N lines on cable but struggling with a C line on cable.
My mission today is to crack the cable side with some new servers i picked up this morning ;)

Yes will work on Openvix and openATv (wooshes build) i've had it working with N lines and C lines on sat, N lines on cable but struggling with a C line on cable.
My mission today is to crack the cable side with some new servers i picked up this morning ;)

We do love a challenge (or is it that we just love to play with technology :willy nilly:)

It taking over my life this Techkings and all the messages i get on a daily basis for help, god knows how the guys who have been on here for years get on-probably don't sleep lol

I think TK needs to enroll the services of a good divorce solicitor! They'd make a fortune off commission ;)

Kin leslie, 530am emails etc! You need to quit that dogging...
The big scotsman replies,For a chap who is a 9 to 5 man i think you must have been to the quacks for a sick note for your bladder issues as you must be back and forward the toilet 20 times a day the time you spend on the forum such is your commitment to the cause,I SALUTE YOU SIR

Back