From satellite to cable with a solo2

obarr

Hi everyone,

Been posting here for a bit but it's moved into a cable discussion now so thought its best to post in here from now on. Link to the post in Satellite Forum >>> http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/83932-moving-house-goodbye-openbox.html

Basically I bought a Solo2 couple of months back, I've just moved into a new house that has a sky dish, but all the Sky cabling has been replaced with VM cabling. Ive signed up with VM now and i would like to be able to watch cable using my Solo 2 box.

WoS have said I can use a VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2 to receive cable but will I still be able to record and watch TV with what looks like 1 feed?

Thanks

Owen

Only the channel that the cable tuner would be on as its a single tuner. But if you had a sat cable in the other tuners then you could watch sat side.

Thanks Leader. The problem is I don't have a sky cable. If I did then I would probably just stick with sat and not bother with the cable. But just my luck i've only just bought the solo2 so looking at alternatives to trading it in.
Cheers
O

Maybe worth selling the solo and getting a Miraclebox premier plus with 2 cable tuners. a lot faster than the solo 2 or the Xtrend ET 8000.

A box I currently brought from WOS actually came with a twin tuner hybrid already installed, giving me access to 2 tuners at once from just one line in. It was the VU+ Solo SE V2 C/T/T2 version. Just brought the turbo tuner so I can tune up to 3 channels at once! Not bad for £200

vm should not have gone near sat cabling as its 2 different feeds ,sat from dish/lnb into room .vm should also have their own feed into house ,i would be rechecking again,why should vm use other providers cable or was it removed?

Looks like I bought the wrong solo eh

---------- Post Merged at 11:05 PM ----------

It's been removed and the VM cabling has replaced the old sky cable. Absolutely no trace of a sky feed anywhere obvious within the house or externally

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Solo2 and as for speed it runs the same chipset and dual core 1300mhz processor as the Miraclebox premium and the xtrend 8000 so you wont notice the difference.

If you want to keep the box which i personally would then buy 2 of these: Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home USB Tuner Cable / Terrestrial HD (DVB-C/T/T2)

The drivers can be found in any of the popular images such as OpenVix and OpenATV and contrary to belief the solo2 can handle 2 external USB tuners quite easily as can most other enigma2 receivers.

If you notice all receivers now have a maximum of 4 tuners lie the popular Duo2,ET1000 etc this is because Linux Enigma2 software can only handle 4 Tuners .

So for £98 get yourself 2 tuners and keep a very good box or sell the box and put it towards a Duo2

I'm going to go for a 3 x tuner box. Possibly the mutant hd2400. I have a buyer for my old solo2.
I have just got connected up with the relevant provider . The Previous house owner had the feed coming out the box on the wall then going into a 2 way splitter. What do I need to do to get all the cabling prepped for the 3 feeds on the box?

Thanks

O

I'm going to go for a 3 x tuner box. Possibly the mutant hd2400. I have a buyer for my old solo2.
I have just got connected up with the relevant provider . The Previous house owner had the feed coming out the box on the wall then going into a 2 way splitter. What do I need to do to get all the cabling prepped for the 3 feeds on the box?

Thanks

O

sorry that was a stupid question!!

---------- Post Merged at 10:18 AM ----------

Just to be clear, all i need to have is an active VM internet connection & a cable receiver to achieve what I need to achieve?

Ta

Yep, just working VM broadband, VM line (I'd recommended looking for a N-Line). Look into what NetID you'd use for your area and it's corresponding frequency/symbol rate. This'll be needed for intial tuner setup

Hi All, Opted for a mutant hd2400 with 3 hybrid cable tuners.

I have a test cable line to try out. It was sent to me in the format "cws=...etc etc"

I'm 99.9% sure my net id and SR is correct.
All 370+ channels are showing in my EPG, however the non FTA channels aren't able to be viewed. SD FTA are BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc.
I have used a sky line in the past with no probs and using bees great tutorial, but struggling with cable on this occasion

Is it possible the test line details are incorrect or could anything else be causing the issue?
Thanks
O

Last edited:
Hi All, Opted for a mutant hd2400 with 3 hybrid cable tuners.

I have a test cable line to try out. It was sent to me in the format "cws=...etc etc"

I'm 99.9% sure my net id and SR is correct.
All 370+ channels are showing in my EPG, however the non FTA channels aren't able to be viewed. SD FTA are BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc.
I have used a sky line in the past with no probs and using bees great tutorial, but struggling with cable on this occasion

Is it possible the test line details are incorrect or could anything else be causing the issue?
Thanks
O

Are you using MGCamD for your line pal?

Back