fuel injector

itsdutts

Hi i have just had a fuel injector seal replaced and while that was done a test was done on the injectors they are all needing replaced i am thinking about tackling the job myself but i have looked on youtube and i think i have to program the injectors. can anybody advise me i have a vagcom cable which i plugged into my alfa romeo could this be used no my mercedes sprinter. Thanks dave

What has caused the damage to the injectors? Have you had your diesel pump tested also?
I don't know what has caused the damage i have bought the van recently and discovered one of the injector seals was leaking. i think its called black death because there was a crystallized substance next to one of the injectors. while getting that repaired the auto electrician tested them and three are reading 20 and one is reading 50 i am assuming that those readings are 50 below and 20 below what they should be. But he told me 50 is a boarder line reading so i thought i might try to buy some refurbished ones and fit them myself. i am not sure if they will work without programing them into the ecu. the bottom line is i think its just wear and tear with the injectors as its done 280,000 miles

Yes could be with that kind of mileage. Only asked about the fuel pump as I had a motor with injection issues...turned out the diesel pump was breaking up from the inside and had damaged the injectors. The
I’m sure once the replacement injectors have been fitted they all need calibrated so they inject the equal amount of fuel. If your readings are all up and down chances are all the injectors will need replaced not just the one reading 20

If it is the 204 engine it is a known issue most have been changed by now, you could look on the mercedes forums you will definitely get some leads there. And yes it is called the black death

Hello I have just looked on one forum only, mb club uk and there are a few different types of second hand injectors for sale.

On Fords when the diesel pump kaks it due to particle damage they recommend changing tank pipes pump:X3:As its near impossible to fully clean out.

Done the odd peugeot and found that crud breaks up with a screwdriver with a little tap,problem is removing up injector if sized in place.

i looked and couldnt see any
Go to the mb club UK web site use the advanced search same as on this site search injectors select the for sale parts, something like that on the drop down and they are there there is other forums as well, that was the only one I looked at.

Back