Fulham owner Al Fayed says Hodgson will remain as boss

joekingman

VIP Member
TK Supporter
_47742447_009132306-1.jpg

Mohamed Al Fayed is confident Roy Hodgson will remain as Fulham manager despite suggestions he could become a target for England or rival clubs.
"I don't think he'll leave me," said Cottagers owner Al Fayed.
"I'm sure he'll have lots of approaches from other clubs but I give him anything he wants to reach results and we have a good relationship."
Current England boss Fabio Capello is contracted until 2012 but there is talk he could quit if he wins the World Cup.
Liverpool could also be searching for a new coach in the summer if Rafael Benitez leaves or is sacked.
As for Hodgson, his stock has risen hugely this season after guiding Fulham to the brink of the Europa League final.
The Londoners face Hamburg in the second leg of their semi-final on Thursday, having drawn the first game 0-0 in Germany.
"I think it's a great achievement for a manager who I respect immensely," Al Fayed told BBC Sport. "He's a maestro, the way he trains the players and makes them want to win.

It's not easy, it costs lots of money, but it's a pleasure to see a club come up from the third division to reach this level
"To build the team who have the will to win is a tremendous achievement and I'm very happy, I'm very grateful and I respect him immensely."
Hodgson, 62, became boss of Fulham at the end of 2007.
The former Switzerland and Finland manager kept the Cottagers up that season before steering them to a stunning seventh place in the Premier League in his first full campaign in charge.
They currently lie 12th after another solid season, a far cry from 1997, when Al-Fayed bought the club as they languished in the old second division.
"I have great satisfaction," said Al Fayed. "It's not easy, it costs lots of money, but it's a pleasure to see a club come up from the third division to reach this level. I'm very satisfied."

Back