FULL BOX GUIDE NOW CABLE HAS GONE

moshibeth

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Hi all. Looks like mr branson has got his way. I have been offered many boxes less than 12 months old for the price of a large beef burger. Most know i help in ways to overcome these issues

Long night and really tired so this is an ongoing thread to be shared, What i will do in the next week is a guide by guide on each box so it does not become a door stop (y)

I don't think we need a guide on box by box basis.
If it's enigma2 box that can run openatv, openvix, wooshbuild, grogbuild etc then it's suitable for iptv.
If it's using a very old image it's advised to flash to newer version so that newer/better plugins are available, I suggest using grogbuild freerange from resources section at the top of this page.

Once the box is flashed or if you're already using an updated image of your choice, you can still use it for freesat if you have a dish and/or freeview if you have an aerial.

If you want to use it for iptv, request a test in the iptv request thread and follow the providers guide/instructions on getting it running. Don't deal with providers who haven't been members for long and only take a month to begin with to see if it's suitable.

That covers about 98% of boxes and it only took one post (y)

I don't think we need a guide on box by box basis.
If it's enigma2 box that can run openatv, openvix, wooshbuild, grogbuild etc then it's suitable for iptv.
If it's using a very old image it's advised to flash to newer version so that newer/better plugins are available, I suggest using grogbuild freerange from resources section at the top of this page.

Once the box is flashed or if you're already using an updated image of your choice, you can still use it for freesat if you have a dish and/or freeview if you have an aerial.

If you want to use it for iptv, request a test in the iptv request thread and follow the providers guide/instructions on getting it running. Don't deal with providers who haven't been members for long and only take a month to begin with to see if it's suitable.

That covers about 98% of boxes and it only took one post (y)
If as expected vm does go at end of month then I plan to modify GBFR so the setup asks if you are using freeview instead of cable and if I can get it so you enter post code and it sets the transmitter. Not even looked at it yet but that's the plan.

I don't have an outdoor aerial or satellite dish, would a indoor aerial be any good for my cable e2 box if so any suggestions ?
Thanks

Dont like my box much lol.

But even with cable gone will be using it mainly for sly FTA anyway. Well not me but has been used like that for some time anyway.

Ideal opportunity to get into Euro sat for anyone who hasn't previously. Zone 1 minidish and 4.3° seperation monobloc is all that's needed (along with a 40mm MK4 LNB adapter) for simultaneous reception of 28.2e and 19.2e.

Ideal opportunity to get into Euro sat for anyone who hasn't previously. Zone 1 minidish and 4.3° seperation monobloc is all that's needed (along with a 40mm MK4 LNB adapter) for simultaneous reception of 28.2e and 19.2e.
confused here
I thought a 4.3deg monobloc was for 19.2e & 23.5e

Guys just to confirm those with cable boxes with no DVB-2s tuner this little GEM will turn your cable box into a satellite box and is supported for linux operating devices (y)

Hauppauge PCTV DVB-S2 Stick 461e digital TV tuner - USB 2.0

confused here
I thought a 4.3deg monobloc was for 19.2e & 23.5e

It is on an 80-100cm dish. But because zone 1 dishes are only half the size at 45cm you double the seperation span therefore a 4.3° monobloc will pick up two satellites around 9 to 10 degrees apart. Same 4.3° seperation monobloc will also pick up 13e and 23.5e on a zone 1. Similarly a 6° seperation monobloc on a zone 1 dish will pick up 16e and 28.2e. It's all about the maths.

Also another option is strapping two LNB's together on a zone 1 to achieve similar results. Using a Zinwell octo as the prime LNB in the holder and a Zinwell quad strapped next to it (on the offset West side) fits snuggly and gives good results.

It is on an 80-100cm dish. But because zone 1 dishes are only half the size at 45cm you double the seperation span therefore a 4.3° monobloc will pick up two satellites around 9 to 10 degrees apart. Same 4.3° seperation monobloc will also pick up 13e and 23.5e on a zone 1. Similarly a 6° seperation monobloc on a zone 1 dish will pick up 16e and 28.2e. It's all about the maths.

Also another option is strapping two LNB's together on a zone 1 to achieve similar results. Using a Zinwell octo as the prime LNB in the holder and a Zinwell quad strapped next to it (on the offset West side) fits snuggly and gives good results.
thanks for that I thought it might be to do with dish sizes but wasn't sure
so would zone 1 dish be large enough in east of England to pick up signals for the sats you list

thanks for that I thought it might be to do with dish sizes but wasn't sure
so would zone 1 dish be large enough in east of England to pick up signals for the sats you list

19e & 28.2e = 100% certain all transponders

13e & 23.5e = good chance. (All transponders on these two sats are easily achievable with a zone 1 dish and regular prime focus LNB from your location. You may or may not have some missing transponders on the offset LNB of the monobloc. You will still get all transponders on the main focus LNB on the monobloc whichever sat you have it focused on).

16e & 28.2e with 6° seperation monobloc = Good chance of missing transponders on 16e.

19e & 28.2e = 100% certain all transponders

13e & 23.5e = good chance. (All transponders on these two sats are easily achievable with a zone 1 dish and regular prime focus LNB from your location. You may or may not have some missing transponders on the offset LNB of the monobloc. You will still get all transponders on the main focus LNB on the monobloc whichever sat you have it focused on).

16e & 28.2e with 6° seperation monobloc = Good chance of missing transponders on 16e.
thanks for that mate
it was 19e & 28.2e that I was thinking about
as got no dish or ariel installed at moment as using cable

Last edited:
plenty of channels on 1w, 13e, 19e alone, that are in english, on 1w there are the c-more channels for movies, series, docs, history, sports only will possibly have the english championship and scots pl in english, not always, but some times, 13e is not too bad for the same things and there are loads of sports channels also, no english commentary though for big football games, 19e has the german sky channels, all the movies and series in english, sky sports germany shows the EPL in hd and you can switch to stadium commentary, just the crowd noise, 19e also has the german sky atlantic and sky one, same programmes mostly, just not the same schedule, there are a few other decent sats, but I mostly stick to the 3 I mentioned as they have everything that I need, I find that the Discovery and History channels on 19e are better than the uk versions.

This is my multisat system
Which I installed at home
80cm satellite dish multisat bracket
Two red rocket l.n.bs for 19 13 inverto octo
l.n.b for 28 3×4×1 switches
If anyone wants to install a similar system
I'll certainly help out

Attachments

• 20200418_161649.jpg
    20200418_161649.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • 20200418_161707.jpg
    20200418_161707.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
This is my multisat system
Which I installed at home
80cm satellite dish multisat bracket
Two red rocket l.n.bs for 19 13 inverto octo
l.n.b for 28 3×4×1 switches
If anyone wants to install a similar system
I'll certainly help out

I had a similar setup with 4 lnbs to get 16 as well, here is is with 3 , wedged another pointy one in between 19 and 13

Attachments

• P1010911.JPG
    P1010911.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 63
Back