PS4 Full PS4 4.05 Jailbreak Setup Tutorial and some more info here

Just managed to pick a PS4 up on Gumtree on 4.06 updated to 4.55 and jailbroke it. Great stuff running PKG'S the lot! I'll advise everyone to stay on the firmware they're currently running as their could be more jailbreaks around the corner!

Yes mate there ment to be bringing out 5.55 hack ;)

I've found plenty I use IPTorrents and in the last few weeks or so they have been totally flooded! Not sure on public trackers I don't tend to use them!

Thanks. One last question......I hope.

Will my exiting PS Plus subscription still work once I do this, plus can the PS4 still be used online, the kids always play online, as in the past I have always had a message saying it can't be used online unless I update the system software......I'm thinking when Sony release new firmware?

@Fusion Hello pal! Just wondering if you can help me I've jailbroke my PS4 on 4.55 perfectly fine but I have to run Hen everytime I restart the PS4 slight inconvenience and you seem to always need to be connected to the internet to run the exploit anyway you can install this permanently?!

Thanks. One last question......I hope.

Will my exiting PS Plus subscription still work once I do this, plus can the PS4 still be used online, the kids always play online, as in the past I have always had a message saying it can't be used online unless I update the system software......I'm thinking when Sony release new firmware?

Unfortunately not. The jailbreak is great and at the same point no so great if your into online gaming.

Oh FFS, the kids have updated the firmware on the PS4.....I'm pretty certain the answer is no, but is there a way to downgrade my PS4 to 4.55?

Oh FFS, the kids have updated the firmware on the PS4.....I'm pretty certain the answer is no, but is there a way to downgrade my PS4 to 4.55?
Lol it would have been updated lots of times since being on the hackable firmware , there's been at least 5 firmware updates in the last few years, if anyone is on here hoping to do this and they have gone online with the ps4 in the last 2 year's then you will have the latest firmware so no point in even trying this

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lol it would have been updated lots of times since being on the hackable firmware , there's been at least 5 firmware updates in the last few years, if anyone is on here hoping to do this and they have gone online with the ps4 in the last 2 year's then you will have the latest firmware so no point in even trying this

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Strange thing is the PS4 I picked up on Gumtree had firmware 4.06 running. Yet the games he had were Fifa 17 and NBA 2K17 would have thought he would have had to updated his PS4 to some firmware at least past 4.55 to run these? I maybe wrong though.

Strange thing is the PS4 I picked up on Gumtree had firmware 4.06 running. Yet the games he had were Fifa 17 and NBA 2K17 would have thought he would have had to updated his PS4 to some firmware at least past 4.55 to run these? I maybe wrong though.

You can still play game's without updates but you will not get anynew things they bring out in the games

For access to games on the mentioned site you must sign up and then look for ps4 pkgs and I also found "ps4.auctor" very helpful too.

Made a thread about the PS4 hack, so great of fusion to make a guide. Nice one mate.

I know torrents sites have HUGE amount of PS4 games uploaded in recent months. But are there any good warez sites though for PS4 games as searched but cant find any.

So would there be no way to play online on PS4 hacked like you could on PS3 CFW?

Amazing that PS4 is jailbroken but only downside cant play online. Only those know if PS4 hacked is for them.

Made a thread about the PS4 hack, so great of fusion to make a guide. Nice one mate.

I know torrents sites have HUGE amount of PS4 games uploaded in recent months. But are there any good warez sites though for PS4 games as searched but cant find any.

So would there be no way to play online on PS4 hacked like you could on PS3 CFW?

Amazing that PS4 is jailbroken but only downside cant play online. Only those know if PS4 hacked is for them.

The price you could save on games you could buy a new (or 2nd) PS4 and then just buy the specific games you want to play online. Something to consider :)

Ye seen new firmware out for hacked PS4. Speaking of firmware what is latest official one out? IS it likely the hacked consoles will ever catch up with the latest legit firmware versions?

Stupid questions but cant newer games like far cry, god of war etc work on older firmware like 4.55 or just anything after 5.05?

As on ps3 mate played fifa 18 on very old CFW so not sure tbh if different on ps4 or if I am missing something.

Ye seen new firmware out for hacked PS4. Speaking of firmware what is latest official one out? IS it likely the hacked consoles will ever catch up with the latest legit firmware versions?

Stupid questions but cant newer games like far cry, god of war etc work on older firmware like 4.55 or just anything after 5.05?

As on ps3 mate played fifa 18 on very old CFW so not sure tbh if different on ps4 or if I am missing something.
Mathieulh has hacked the latest fw I believe, so there's a very high chance the same kernel exploit, or an unreleased one will work up to current latest fw

Afaik unless a game relies on a specific function call or feature on newer firmware then a modified .elf or whatever it is called should allow the game to run fine, just a case of editing the required firmware to read from X to Y. Obviously if a feature the game requires isn't available on the earlier firmware then the game should just crash.

The very old cfw is possibly 4.05 with a modified pup or elf file, either that or running on a ps3 maybe?

Mathieulh has hacked the latest fw I believe, so there's a very high chance the same kernel exploit, or an unreleased one will work up to current latest fw

Afaik unless a game relies on a specific function call or feature on newer firmware then a modified .elf or whatever it is called should allow the game to run fine, just a case of editing the required firmware to read from X to Y. Obviously if a feature the game requires isn't available on the earlier firmware then the game should just crash.

The very old cfw is possibly 4.05 with a modified pup or elf file, either that or running on a ps3 maybe?

Oh ok so likely in the future a latest firmware will be available for the hacked consoles.

But I never editing the CFW on my ps3. Think its at 4.46 so not sure how a game like fifa 18 was able to run. I thought it would not run as been told all games run on specific firmware never knew this before. So not all games run on older firmware?Not sure. Again seems very technical.

Again not sure how it works on hacked ps4. But I am guessing for new games these can only be played on new firmware and not old one. But again not sure.

I've been out of the loop a long time related to console hacking.

Wololo.net usually has good info, afaik this is a HEN (short for Homebrew ENabler) and is a non permanent hack, so needs to be applied each reboot, I'm guessing the goal is gaining persistence over reboots.

I haven't really looked into it yet, my ps4 has been gathering dust for months, I already own any game I want to play and still have little time to play it, now a hack is available I'll probably get around to hacking it after the summer

Edit: just realised I completely ignored your question, 4.05-4.55 are already hacked I think, fifa 18 probably has the param.sfo already edited in the download so it'll run without the ps4 needing to be updated. So not all games will run on older fw as far as I'm aware, the game should theoretically just crash if a syscall is called that isn't available to the older fw, or a feature is needed that isn't available.

Last edited:
Guys want some help if possible.

PS4 pro looking into, well my brother is more specifically.

Spoke to currys they said due to fan issue no stock. But getting new stock next week with new fans. But the model is CUH-7115B which reading has base firmware of 4.73 so could jailbreak it. But with new stock does it mean base firmware would have been updated to 6.00?

I know the fifa 19 bundle is on latest firmware.

So how would I know if on 5.05 firmware? Seems impossible to get pro on 5.05 firmware now.

fairly certain any pro made before Jan 2018 should have 5.05 or lower, I think a 5.50 hack might be out soonish and that was released March 18 I believe.

Also I'm pretty sure all gold pro consoles are hackable iirc

Doesn't look like will be hack.

Seems will be stuck on 5.05 lol.

I'm sure read hackers have got hacks for firmware 6.0+. Maybe scared of releasing because of sony.

Back