Fussy about HDMI cables?

boodysaspie

Is it just me, or does anyone else have an H.2S that's really picky about HDMI cables?

Pre-ZGemma, I had Humax Freesat and Freeview boxes and their cables worked fine. But my new box will only work with the cable provided - one Humax cable doesn't work at all, and the other can't decide whether it's colour or b&w, and the HDMI CEC doesn't work.

I've seen posh cables in Currys for £££ and always thought they were a ripoff, but now I'm not sure. Other than plugging it in, is there a way of testing these cables? I thought they were all the same?

mine was fine until recently - used the hdmi cable supplied...

every so often now when changing channel it'll blank out for a coupkle of seconds then go back to what i was watching. then the other day it booted up as normal and on the first channel after booting it was a pink colour - i.e. you could still see the HD picture but almost as if there was a pink filter over the screen.

I unplugged hdmi and back in and it was fine.

Will change cables in due course.

and remember while unplugging any cables/usb can have serious issues like a power spike and damaging units,cheaper built boxes dont use same materials as more expensive boxes and ports can give issues.
i only use a good quality hdmi cable + clean power and get better picture on tv.

Back