GAA Supporters Thread

nice one noel cool thread dont know how i didnt think of it myself ,think i will spend most my time in here hopefully till the third sunday in sept lol

mines the same as yours Noely :)

picked the older jersey tho lol

Last edited:
hey hill should be an interesting thread but i will give a (y) to the dub hurling,good thread noel

Cheers moh, we`re swapping guns for hurleys up here in Dublin ROFL

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

mines the same as yours Noely :)

picked the older jersey tho lol

Thats me favourite jersey anto ;)
Not mad about the new one .

yeah moh hurlers are doing well under daly leinster needs more good counties to compete with the cats and lets hope the rebels do concentrate on the hurling now

lol...... but in fairness the dub hurling is coming on fantastic for a county that concentrated on football for years its kinda weird to see a dub jersey holding a Hurley rather than a football,well from a cork point of view anyway. but in all fairness to the lads great stuff under Anthony Daly (y)

agreed moh hope youse win munster dont know why but i hate tipp i think its something to do with that eejit paul collins who does the sport on today fm in the mornings what a knob

the lol was meant for noel hill,the cork hurlers wont be around for a few years ill give it 3 or 4 but theres always someone coming up through the ranks so who knows in time, we may be back,the footballers arent doing too bad there maybe an all ireland there yet this year,but football hasnt great support,hurling has the major draw.

the rock some point the rock at his best.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

one of the best goals in hurling john fenton >here

Last edited:
Daly : Dublin Hurlers Will Win An All Ireland

Thursday, 17 December 2009

Dublin hurling manager Anthony Daly is convinced that an All-Ireland senior title can be won by the county in the not too distant future.

adaly_indo_353923t.jpg
The double All-Ireland winning captain with Clare made huge progress during his first year in charge of the Metropolitans and believes the raw material is in the county to push on and lift Liam McCarthy in the coming years.

Speaking to the Evening Herald, the Clare native said: "I really do believe Dublin are going to win an All-Ireland.

'It mightn't be on my watch but I don't think Liam Rushe and David Treacy, Tom Brady, Joe Boland are going to go through their careers without winning an All-Ireland. I think that's a great hope for all Dublin hurling people.

'They seem to be the right sort of guys and there seems to be the right quality of guys coming behind them from what I can ascertain - guys for whom hurling is the only game. There's no question of playing one or the other. Hurling is their first love.
'I really do think they can do it. But is winning an All-Ireland in the next two years realistic? I don't know.'

Gilroy names O'Byrne Cup panel
06 January 2010

Dublin manager Pat Gilroy has announced his O'Byrne Cup squad ahead of Sunday's first round clash with Wexford at Parnell Park.

Among the newcomers are Craig Reilly (Trinity Gaels), Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens), Denis Carrigan (St. Mary's, Saggart), Michael Darragh MacAuley (Ballyboden St. Enda's), Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St) and Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams), son of Dubs legend Barney Rock.

As expected, Eamonn Fennell (O'Toole's) and Paul Brogan (St. Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh) have been recalled after injury ruled them out last year but, intriguingly, there is no place in the squad for Conal Keaney, who is at the centre of a tug-of-war between Gilroy and his hurling counterpart Anthony Daly. However, Keaney did take part in yesterday's two training sessions and is tipped to captain the team this year.

Jason Sherlock is another notable absentee from the new-look squad as is Bryan Cullen who is tied to DCU, while none of the Kilmacud Crokes contingent have been included. One of the Kilmacud players, Mark Davoren, took another encouraging step on his road back to full fitness when he took some part in yesterday's training.

The full forward, who has been sidelined since suffering cruciate ligament damage in last June's Leinster SFC quarter-final against Meath, was able to do straight line running during the two sessions.

Dublin (SF panel v Wexford): Stephen Cluxton (Parnells), Craig Reilly (Trinity Gaels), Alan Hubbard (Ballymun Kickhams), Bernard Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh), Blaine Kelly (St Mary's, Saggart), Brendan McManamon (St Jude's), Conor McCormack (St Mary's, Saggart), Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens), Dean Kelly (Trinity Gaels), Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams), Denis Carrigan (St Mary's, Saggart), Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St), Eamon Fennell (O'Toole's), James Brogan (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh), James McCarthy (Ballymun Kickhams), Kevin Bonner (St Brigid's), Michael Darragh MacAuley (Ballyboden St Enda's), Paul Casey (Lucan Sarsfields), Paul Conlon (St Vincent's), Ross McConnell (St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh), Seán Murray (St Brigid's), Shane McGrath (Thomas Davis), Tiernan Diamond (St Vincent's) Tomás Quinn (St Vincent's).

i know that this isnt his full squad for the all ireland series, but it does look a lot lightweight. ( i know this is the same every year)

sad to see shane ryan going to the hurlers( good for them though), and good to see conal keaney declaring for the footballers, though why is he left out?

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Ryan predicts big year for Dubs
Dublin's Shane Ryan
11 January 2010

Shane Ryan has backed his former Dublin football team-mates to make a big impact in this year's championship.

The 2008 All-Star, who has quit Pat Gilroy's squad to play out the remainder of his inter-county career with the Dublin hurlers, believes the reigning Leinster champions have the talent to challenge for All-Ireland honours, despite last year's 17-point drubbing at the hands of Kerry.

"I spoke to my uncle Paddy Gogarty over Christmas and he won a few All-Irelands with Dublin the 70's and they came from absolutely nowhere in '73 to win the All-Ireland in '74," Ryan told the Irish Daily Mirror.

"When you look at teams that are at that low ebb and go to the top, Dublin are not that low. There are quality players there and they just need the bit of luck that we haven't had over the last few years.

"An awful lot of successful teams will always have the spine of an experienced team and then you get the freshness of new players coming in. There was a good few new players blooded last year, the likes of Paul Flynn, Ger Brennan coming into the team and they've got a year's experience under their belts now and maybe a bit of new freshness with other fellas coming in.

"There's still a lot of quality there and I'd still be confident they could do a lot of damage in the championship."

Ryan admits that he faces a big challenge to regain his hurling sharpness after an eight-year break from the small ball code.

"It'll be a big challenge but that's why you play the game, for the challenge," he added.

"The challenge at this stage is to try to get up to speed with every other player and that's still a bit away I think. It's a very young squad and that's one of the positives they have. They're not lacking in confidence."

Ye guys have the right man in Anthony Daly,if anyone can bring a team on i reckon he can....Moh is hoping for the Sam this year :)

Im definitely thinking Tipp wheelo well hopefully,i have my doubts that the cats will be getting their cream in september lol

Back