• 400g pasta of your choice
  • 1 red onion, finely chopped
  • 4 bacon medallions
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 50oml passata
  • ½ tsp paprika

to make the garlic, bacon and chicken pasta, you should:
  • cook the pasta according to the instructions – drain and rinse with cold water and set aside (this is a trick I learnt recently – works a treat!)
  • in a large frying pan heat some oil over a medium-high heat, add the onions and cook until softened, stirring frequently
  • meanwhile, chop the bacon and chicken into small pieces and add to the pan, reduce the heat slightly and cook until they meat is browned all over
  • add the paprika and garlic to the pan and cook for about thirty seconds, stirring constantly
  • add the passata to the pan, stir and cook for about fifteen minutes until the mixture has thickened
  • add the pasta back to the pan, stir through and heat for about three minutes
  • serve!

Now this I can make. I like uncomplicated stuff, and what's more, I've actually heard of all the ingredients.
It won't be bacon medallions though, Lidl's bacon pieces, 89p a kilo, boom!

I've no passata, will nip Aldi tomorrow and get some. Not sure what paprika is supposed to be, the stuff I've got doesn't taste or smell of anything but my neice said hers is spicy, like chilli powder? This crap (Asda's own) doesn't bring anything to the party so I'll prob leave it out.

Cheers for the recipes but I've never heard of some of the ingredients in some of the others, American probably.

not tried it yet. Im in the middle of a serious work thing.
being self employed, you have to take things as they come, big money to be had if you play your cards rite. oh yes :) :) :(y):

Got the stuff together and I'm gonna give it a whirl tomorrow tea time.
May put extra garlic in it and normal omnions instead of red.

Will report back with the results

i do this a lot for family like you say add bit more as most don't like spicy or bit kick with there food

Turned out a bit bigger than I expected even though I scaled it down as it was only for me.

It was very good, will defo make it again.
The whole thing took 15 minutes and that included cooking the pasta.
Cheers Goose!!

Turned out a bit bigger than I expected even though I scaled it down as it was only for me.

It was very good, will defo make it again.
The whole thing took 15 minutes and that included cooking the pasta.
Cheers Goose!!

Better Garlic bread:

Ingredients:
- Grab a baguette from the supermarket (go after 7PM when they reduce it.. even better! The part baked ones are good also, but a bit small).
- Butter / Marg (I use flora light - makes me feel a little better about how much i use!)
- Dried parsely
- Garlic paste (comes in a tube like tom paste), can use fresh if you got a crusher i guess.

1. Mix up the butter, parsely and garlic paste in a small container. Add as much as you need (just keep tasting it). I love my garlic so I use a LOT of it.

2. Cut your baguette into slices

3. Butter the baguette slices with your garlic butter, I apply it thick on both sides (the misses does it thin on one side, each too their own!)

4. Stack them on a plate, and nuke em for 30 to 60 seconds

Result: Super soft bread, more garlic butter, cheaper and depending on how much you have - potentially better for you too. Tastes awesome with tomato pasta dishes.

Leftover butter? Freeze it, or if you grab a big baguette, use the leftover butter for lunch the day after, too make cheese on toast/baguette, or in some mash potatos (I just use it as a butter/marg replacement until i run out of it).

Want a crispier baguette? I quite like it not being crispy actually, but you could throw the baguette into the oven (or use part bakes) to toast it up first, just leave enough time for it too cool a bit afterwards.

Back