Genuine Virgin V6 install glitching.

kegnkiwi

TK Veteran
Hey guys just asking for a bit of into. I've got virgin broadband and tv. We have the project lighting install and it was a new install about 2 years go. I've just done a self-install for the tv but used my own stuff as I already had coax running under the floor. So cable comes into house via lighting box and I have split the cable just before the router. A short cable then feeds the superhub 3. We get a good speed of over 225mb so this is ok. The splitter then feeds another coax cable that runs under the floor and comes up via the tv to the box. Its good quality sat cable. The self install went fine I have all channels but on channel 5 hd seems to be glitching. Going into settings on the v6 box signal strength seems around 98%. I've just tried a satellite inline amp and it blocked all the channels. Any ideas as I don't want to go under the floor again to use there cable and stuff.

try just running a cable direct to the box to test, if not you may need to give them a call to see if they can get someone out to fix signal

try just running a cable direct to the box to test, if not you may need to give them a call to see if they can get someone out to fix signal
I'm not sure you can do that as I think that the v6 box needs an internet connection to work (not sure though) on the downside trying to take the internet down in our house then we have a 16-year-old gamer in the house is nearly impossible. I thought I had read about cable amplifiers somewhere. I just tried a sat in line amp and it blocks the signal.

Hey guys just asking for a bit of into. I've got virgin broadband and tv. We have the project lighting install and it was a new install about 2 years go. I've just done a self-install for the tv but used my own stuff as I already had coax running under the floor. So cable comes into house via lighting box and I have split the cable just before the router. A short cable then feeds the superhub 3. We get a good speed of over 225mb so this is ok. The splitter then feeds another coax cable that runs under the floor and comes up via the tv to the box. Its good quality sat cable. The self install went fine I have all channels but on channel 5 hd seems to be glitching. Going into settings on the v6 box signal strength seems around 98%. I've just tried a satellite inline amp and it blocked all the channels. Any ideas as I don't want to go under the floor again to use there cable and stuff.
What splitter did you use?
Cheap nasty no name splitters are useless for VM

the splitter is a labgear fbs402/s and on most of the channels i am on 98% to 100%. The amplifier i tried was a metronic 440141 which i did say had been used for satellite. Its range is 920-2150mhz.

I am just wondering if i have the splitter too near speakers and home plugs etc. I,ve just moved the splitter slightly away from a Sonos one, and its not glitching at the moment.

Ok so looking in the diagnostics screen on a v6 box on channel 5 hd signal strength is 98% and SNR is 39db does that sound correct?

Last edited:
Are you sure channel 5 itself are not having problems? I have glitching occasionally on the odd channel but seems to disappear after a day or two

Back