"Getting event info failed" error

jclappi

Has anybody seen this error before? This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last week.

I can only see a black screen with the error box when trying to watch live TV. Signal strength and the rest of the info for the channel is still shown.

I seem to be getting it around the time of recordings (or watching recordings) or that could just be a coincidence.

When I go back to live TV only a handful of the channels work, just FTA ones but not always the same ones. ie sometimes BBC will and ITV won't or vice versa. I'm not too sure how I've been resolving it but after a few restarts, autobouquets updates or reimporting line it seems to come back on.

I'm running Wooshman's newest build.

Thanks

This happens if there is no tuner free to change channels. Perhaps one recording is just starting and another one is just finishing and there is an overlap period of a few minutes?

yes - I started my own thread last week on this as I had this happen to me. It is cause no tuners left as stated. I was recording two shows and they overlapped for about 10 mins or so then it went back to normal.

Hi lads. Am i supposed to only have tuner A showing here?
I presumed i would have a 'tuner B ' aswell ?!

Attachments

• IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 112
Aww great thankyou bobby

One more thing...
Im recording peppa pig for the kids. But rhers about 2 minutes before thr show starts on the recording. Can this be tweaked?
Or can recordings be trimmed ??
That would be an awesome fature (could cut adverts out after too lol )

Not at my Zgemma at the moment, but from memory I think it is menu, setup, recording & timeshift, recording. Change the buffer settings for before and after recording which are probably set to 2 minutes to 0 if you do not want any padding.

Yeah u were right bobby. Sorted now!
Ive set peppa pig as series link...
Also teletubbies
Since yesterday thers dozens of recordings! Lol
Thats enough now the kids can watch them, but how do i see what recordings are coming? And how do i cancel series links
Thanks

Menu, Tmers, AutoTimers.
To delete a series timer press the Yellow button and select the action you require from the options.
Press Green to save the changes.

You may find that you currently have numerous recordings of the same episode.
In AutoTimers, press OK on any one of the timers you have set, say Peppa Pig.
This will bring up a number of pages with options.
To avoid unneccesary repeated recordings of the same episode, I have mine set as follows:-

Search type - exact match
Search strictness - case-sensitive search
Record a maximum of x times - 0
Require description to be unique - Anyservice/recording
Check for uniqueness in - Title and all descriptions.

These are settings that I have found by experiment seem to work OK for me but may not be the best way.

Back