Getting into IPTV. Will I get copyright strikes from my ISP?

Getting IPTV from one of the main providers but will be using the service without a VPN. How likely is it that I'll get copyright strikes from my ISP?
If it makes a difference, I'm planning to use an m3u link through xTeve on my server laptop, then putting it into Plex. TIA

I disagree why use a vpn if not needed all your going to do is kill your internal speeds and some providers don't like you using a vpn.
Most servers stop the connection as that is how spies work try from different ip locations.
Some providers allow use of them and some end users feel comfortable using a vpn but nearly all vpn providers store your data even tho they say they don't lol

I’d rather them logging than isp providers they only get leaked if vpn company as a shit encryption software and don’t update they end protection! Plus your provider should check there IP address on the blacklist checker anyone can do this and this will tell you if external ip is high risk or not (y)

I disagree why use a vpn if not needed all your going to do is kill your internal speeds and some providers don't like you using a vpn.
Most servers stop the connection as that is how spies work try from different ip locations.
Some providers allow use of them and some end users feel comfortable using a vpn but nearly all vpn providers store your data even tho they say they don't lol
Well it's not often i disgree with you Baz but i do here, i have a sub on an e2box with an old established supplier that i know does not need one so that one is fine without.
But on my backup on the android box i always use one although i do always tell the provider when asking for subs that i will be hiding behind a vpn

Well it's not often i disgree with you Baz but i do here, i have a sub on an e2box with an old established supplier that i know does not need one so that one is fine without.
But on my backup on the android box i always use one although i do always tell the provider when asking for subs that i will be hiding behind a vpn
Sure mate just my opinion that I don't see point if not needed to use one if not needed and some providers block use of vpn unless needed which never used one and wouldn't like too as my isp speed is shite lol

You shouldn’t lose that much speed around 8mb just try the ones around Europe as keeps good speed! Only need around 10mb for Iptv unless running 4k vod you need 40/50mb...
They wouldn’t sell vpn if speeds was considerably shit constantly! Netherlands is a good place to start if your looking for good vpn speed

Last edited:
You shouldn’t use that much speed around 8mb just try the ones around Europe as keeps good speed! Only need around 10mb for Iptv unless running 4k vod you need 40/50mb...
They wouldn’t sell vpn if speeds was considerably shit constantly! Netherlands is a good place to start if your looking for good vpn speed
My isp is only 36mbps and should be 63mbps as major fault underground that's why I'm hesitant to use one.
Plus seen posts on here about speeds radically reduced once using one lol

Getting IPTV from one of the main providers but will be using the service without a VPN. How likely is it that I'll get copyright strikes from my ISP?
If it makes a difference, I'm planning to use an m3u link through xTeve on my server laptop, then putting it into Plex. TIA

Been running Iptv for a year now without vpn. No strikes from my ISP

Up to you if you want to use it.

Perception is its totally safe using a vpn. Not sure about that.

I dont use one unless its absolutely necessary to do so. Too much speed lost for me on different VPNs.

Streaming and downloading, especially latter no issues from ISP. Using torrents though without VPN is a different thing altogether.

In conclusion if you feel you are safe while using a VPN then go ahead, but be aware some speed will be lost which is the case with all VPNs.

If i use pia on my sheild it drops from around 300 meg to around 280 meg. so not to much of a loss. However, if you only have 35 meg obviously it is a huge drop.

I have post office ADSL broadband
(10Mb down / 1Mb up)

Use IPTV subscription (and other free apps) on Android boxes/Firestick

Always connect to IPVanish VPN before loading any apps

Get 9Mb down / 1Mb up when connected to VPN (Germany/Netherlands/UK servers)

Never have any issues (unless issue on IPTV server end)

IPVanish also give you a SOCKS5 Proxy to use for downloading torrents

Totally up to you though, if your IPTV works fine without a VPN then go for it.

I agree with most comments about VPN and use one for a Sub that my supplier says I need one, but if my other supplier says do not use VPN then I won't use one as I don't see the point in doing so! And also the loss of signal from them can vary from day to day! sometimes there is less loss from Iceland than England, I have access to Nord, Ipvanish and Surfshark before you tell me of the little loss of signal you get!

I'm based in Ireland after the court order in 2019 re 3pm kickoffs I bought VPN Router. TBH I used it rarely .At the time I had several iptv lines . I stopped the sub for router lately & just keep a short contract vpn on a firestick ,& thats only for access to iplayer since e2istream stopped support.I only use a VPN on a single device rather than on the modem, so speeds on other devices aren't affected, only as a backup as the court order was recently renewed & firestick is easy/cheap option. I have used both the main isp's over here eir & VM over past year, noticed no loss in speeds. I still have lines on e2 box, if in event of a block I can just turn fs on.

Back