getting set up

Hi
a couple of mates have recently got skybox f5 and are happy with them, they paid for set top box and installation for around £130. i fancy getting a box for myself but just wondered how reliable the F5 is ? is it worth me buying and installing myself as its alot cheaper ? one other thing was i currently have phone, broadband and tv with sky. is it true you have to go back to bt before using an F5. sorry for so many questions but i want to know what to get before i start anything.
i am not bothered about setting up as it seems simple enough from what i was told. while i haven no experience with these i have done a bit in the past for myself. i used to mod ps2 and xbox along with wii. i hacked my xbox 360 hard drive to upgrade from 20gig to a 250gig. so not a complete novice but always looking to learn something new.
cheers Bren

F3 and F5 are basically the same box in a different
wrapper.

The problems lie in clone boxes, so make sure
the advert says it's a genuine box, clones seem to be all
over Ebay for £5 or £10 less than the going rate.

You don't have to go to BT, works fine on sky broadband.

I have had a F5 box for over 6 months and it's been fine, now and again it may lock up but rectifies itself with a reboot.

As for setting it up, there is a good tutorial on this site for setting up your F5 and a lot of support from fellow members.

All in all the F5 is a good introductory box.

Back