Gigablue hd quad plus

alll

Can someone tell me why when i watch certain channels like vintage tv magic cbs action itv3+1 they freeze from time to time and if i change channel they stay scrabbled for a long time then just come back on i am using n line as seems to work better than c lines this does not happen all the time as sometimes when it does freeze if i change channel for a few seconds and change back it works ok for a min or two any help thanks................

first check your signal snr on the channel which is freezing. if its low around 30% your dish may need realigning. if the signal is good around 65% or higher, then try rebooting your box and broadband. if still no joy. think about how your box is connected to the broadband is it ethernet cable which is the best way, homeplugs may becoming faulty, but dongle wifi is a no no.

if all the above is good at your end.

Try a testline from someone else, if the problem is fixed by using the testline, then your normal provider is oversubscribed which you find by buying cheap lines.

if the problem is not fixed by using a testline, it is something defo at your end.

first check your signal snr on the channel which is freezing. if its low around 30% your dish may need realigning. if the signal is good around 65% or higher, then try rebooting your box and broadband. if still no joy. think about how your box is connected to the broadband is it ethernet cable which is the best way, homeplugs may becoming faulty, but dongle wifi is a no no.

if all the above is good at your end.

Try a testline from someone else, if the problem is fixed by using the testline, then your normal provider is oversubscribed which you find by buying cheap lines.

if the problem is not fixed by using a testline, it is something defo at your end.

this post is in the cable section. So this has no bearing on dish alignment.

Are you getting pixelated image, channel break up?

OR is it freezing... if this is the case. Ftp to your server, open mg_cfg file, check ecm wait time, this should be set to 10 seconds.

K: 10

I personally think its your server running server purely on cache... Get a test from a server with genuine local cards.

Last edited:
Back