Give me newcomer advice!

I've been solely using Bittorrent for many years now so I'm dumb when it comes to tv-stuff. Family watches cable and is looking for a way to cord-cut so I'm looking into IPTV...

Found plenty of end-user guides but one thing that remains a mystery still is how "underground" IPTV providers are set up and where the content actually comes from. How does the back-end work?

I'm also looking for general advice in terms of where to look for providers (I've seen the sticky thread, but are there any other recommended places like maybe reddit/discord etc.).
Also what privacy concerns should I be aware of (e.g. what is the risk of not having a vpn? what does it mean if an app has a vpn "built in"?) and how can I avoid getting scammed?
I read elsewhere that some providers offer a trial, take payment, and then shut off service.

Any general tips appreciated.
You have just joined and asked a plie of questions that breaks the rules of the forum. Start by reading the rules

1) Forum Rules.

2) There is a section for new members to introduce yourself post in there no questions

3) Request section read post 1 and follow it and you should find what you are looking for

Request A Good IPTV Server

I've been solely using Bittorrent for many years now so I'm dumb when it comes to tv-stuff. Family watches cable and is looking for a way to cord-cut so I'm looking into IPTV...

Found plenty of end-user guides but one thing that remains a mystery still is how "underground" IPTV providers are set up and where the content actually comes from. How does the back-end work?

I'm also looking for general advice in terms of where to look for providers (I've seen the sticky thread, but are there any other recommended places like maybe reddit/discord etc.).
Also what privacy concerns should I be aware of (e.g. what is the risk of not having a vpn? what does it mean if an app has a vpn "built in"?) and how can I avoid getting scammed?
I read elsewhere that some providers offer a trial, take payment, and then shut off service.

Any general tips appreciated.
I would stay away from Reddit full stop. Ask in the thread Moshi pointed you to.

Discord and Telegram are usually contact points that your given when you purchase a sub to keep up with any development from the provider.

from experience, maybe read through the forum a little to better understand what is posted in what sections before posting anything yourself (in addition to reading the rules of course)

Back