Going to Germany ?

telveskid

Hi all,
Anyone going to Germany anytime soon ?

I have just returned from a 4 day trip to visit a friend there i thought i share a few things from my trip.

Manchester to Dusseldorf with Eurowings £118 return

Flew in to Dusseldorf (flight delayed by 45mins) due to this rather than wait 5 hours to start my onward journey to Osnabruck by train 112miles by train i stayed over in Dusseldorf £38

Dusseldorf Airport has its own Train station has it own train station serving all Germany Dusseldorf city station 5mins by train

I bought a 9 euro train ticket that allows unlimited travel throughout Germany on specified transport for one month only the next month you have to buy another 9 Euro ticket (this not include High speed Bullet type ) trains

The trains i found very reliable & clean however this 9 Euro ticket by German Gov is to help with raising fuel costs trains can get busy at peak times

Next day i caught my onward Train using my 9euro ticket(Photo id required passport etc) ready for inspection 2 hours later i arrived at Osnabruck then caught a local bus for another 20 min trip

I would recommend the DB Navigator App which is German Railway easy to use with all travel planner etc times very useful .

My return home trip same ticket to travel to Airport for flight home.

BUT at Dusseldorf Airport there was a 2.5hr wait to get through Airport Security see photo

And flight home by Eurowings delayed again by 90 Mins.

Generally good trip Eurowings never again & Airport Security a pain but for my first trip it was good

Hope it helps anyone

Attachments

• IMG-20220711-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220711-WA0000.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 29
Try flying from most UK airports,
2.5hrs is nothing,
Dusseldorf is a nice airport btw,
and Eurowings have yet to lose a bag on me (SAS every fkn time I've flew with them, 4 flights, 5 bags, they lost both my bags on one flight! ) , and are usually on time ( Ryanair are delayed more than they aren't delayed )

other than that,
Glad you enjoyed your trip.

BTW , were there no big queues at MCR,?
I flew from there a few weeks back and was 2 hrs to get through security at 4.30am, by 5am they were queued outside, never mind the check-in hall. T2 iirc.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Anyone going to Germany anytime soon ?

I have just returned from a 4 day trip to visit a friend there i thought i share a few things from my trip.

Manchester to Dusseldorf with Eurowings £118 return

Flew in to Dusseldorf (flight delayed by 45mins) due to this rather than wait 5 hours to start my onward journey to Osnabruck by train 112miles by train i stayed over in Dusseldorf £38

Dusseldorf Airport has its own Train station has it own train station serving all Germany Dusseldorf city station 5mins by train

I bought a 9 euro train ticket that allows unlimited travel throughout Germany on specified transport for one month only the next month you have to buy another 9 Euro ticket (this not include High speed Bullet type ) trains

The trains i found very reliable & clean however this 9 Euro ticket by German Gov is to help with raising fuel costs trains can get busy at peak times

Next day i caught my onward Train using my 9euro ticket(Photo id required passport etc) ready for inspection 2 hours later i arrived at Osnabruck then caught a local bus for another 20 min trip

I would recommend the DB Navigator App which is German Railway easy to use with all travel planner etc times very useful .

My return home trip same ticket to travel to Airport for flight home.

BUT at Dusseldorf Airport there was a 2.5hr wait to get through Airport Security see photo

And flight home by Eurowings delayed again by 90 Mins.

Generally good trip Eurowings never again & Airport Security a pain but for my first trip it was good

Hope it helps anyone
That is a really good price for a ticket for a month, our Government need to do something like this to help our people out.

Try flying from most UK airports,
2.5hrs is nothing,
Dusseldorf is a nice airport btw,
and Eurowings have yet to lose a bag on me (SAS every fkn time I've flew with them, 4 flights, 5 bags, they lost both my bags on one flight! ) , and are usually on time ( Ryanair are delayed more than they aren't delayed )

other than that,
Glad you enjoyed your trip.

BTW , were there no big queues at MCR,?
I flew from there a few weeks back and was 2 hrs to get through security at 4.30am, by 5am they were queued outside, never mind the check-in hall. T2 iirc.
Flew out from Manchester T2 7th July 4pm arrived 40 mins to get through Security no problem I've been told by a Guy who works on the same security I know local to me that all holiday flights go out in the morning hence the queues my flight @8.30pm was 2nd to last of the day even duty free bars shutting at 6pm

We used to do summers in the alps down by Berchtesgaden and then do a small trip into Austria. Amazing scenery if you like hiking and stuff like that. Even with kids it's no bother. You can get a train to Berchtesgaden from Munich for a fair price and then theres buses taking you around where you would want to go. Salzburg is only a short bit away.

Well worth at least one visit!

Has anyone been to Neuschwanstein Castle? I surprised my fiancee with birthday tickets to see Taylor Swift in Vienna and following that we're going to travel through Salzburg and then Munich for a few days. I was wondering if the castle was worth the travel for one of our two days in Germany or if we should stick to the city.

Our previous experience with Germany was a layover in Frankfurt but we had a great pretzel.

Has anyone been to Neuschwanstein Castle? I surprised my fiancee with birthday tickets to see Taylor Swift in Vienna and following that we're going to travel through Salzburg and then Munich for a few days. I was wondering if the castle was worth the travel for one of our two days in Germany or if we should stick to the city.

Our previous experience with Germany was a layover in Frankfurt but we had a great pretzel.

I've been there. For sure worth a visit. You can stop off in Mittenwald too. Nice town

For some reason when I hear the word Germany it always reminds me of Major Gowen and that classic line from Faulty Towers lol.
Enjoy your trip.

Back