Going to get a new Starview box.

conye

Living in Ireland, Galway. Im looking for a box for Sky Sports etc. One that is easy to update etc. That has a relatively long life span.
Any suggestions, which one, where to get?
I got linked to this:
Code:
https://www.bubblesupplies.co.uk/products.php?product=STARVIEW-4-THE-BOX-SUPER-USB!-2009

Is this the right option for me.
Thanks for any help.

hi conye,
i am no expert on the Galway system, but here in dublin, this box is one of the few that has got a fix. how long they will remain working is anyones guess. Gman is the resident galway expert, and i am sure that he will advise you as to the best box for your area(mmds, etc.)

good supplier of boxes bubble but no one no`s how long the boxes will last, could be a week could be a year, easist one to up date probaly starview 4 usb. dreambox seems a nightmare.
afternoon linny

if peeps ask me i always send them to bubble always deliver wot they say they will, and when they will. hope this helps. there after servive aint bad either lol.

im in england so n2 switch over has`nt affected me yet, brother in law has starview 3, iv been telling any one asking over here to go for the usb version of said box. my box is a pace 4110.

if you no some local who sells go that route conye, iv always used bubble cable boxes and had no problems with them, looking for local theres alot of peeps from ireland on this site they can point you in the right direction.

in general, locals add on about €50-60, if you dont mind that then go ahead, also unless you know the local, they generally dont offer any after sales service.
the site that you mentioned above is safe and reliable, the main question is is it compatible with your cable supplier's service.

lol lets hope they don`t change to n3 anytime soon

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

all the down loads are on the toolbar.

noel give conye your opinion pls.

First you`ll need to know whether you have True cable or MMDS.

You`ll need to know who you`re provider is, N*L or Ch*rus.

No point in buying a DVB - C box if you are on Ch*rus MMDS.

Personally i would recommend a website, like skywonder, or if you are going for an Itgate, satkings. You will get a guarantee on your box then, if you buy a box from a local supplier you probably won't get any guarantee.

Who is your cable provider, ntl or chorus, and are you mmds or true cable?

Have you had a box previously, if so what kind and what channels are you missing now?

Evastar:
I am on NTL provider.
I don't know how to check MMDS or True Cable, (little help?), what guarantees can I get off websites?
I have a Starview 1 box. Lost all Sky Movies, Sky Sports, Setanta Sports, only channels I have are the terrestrial ones, RTE 1 -> Sky One ->E4 etc. Still have Bravo I think.
All the rest gone. Sports is the main one Im looking for.

Back