Got a problem? Look here first!

d4rkn1ght

PCs.... are like the flowers of the mechanical world; they are pretty and useful, but can be hard to take care of. After all, PC does stand for problematic cutie. There's always the chance that a PC has a problem...
That's why we're here to help! No one has all the answers, but together with all our experiences, surely there's hope!

So, before you post your problem, make sure to do the following so that we can help you fully!

1. Always give the entire story. Don't say "My computer crashed." Tell us when it crashed, what you were doing when it crashed, and any error messages that came up.

2. Post helpful titles. It is always good so that people know what your thread is about and can help you if they can relate to the title.

3. And of course, be polite and follow forum rules.

Hope you get your problem fixed, and Best Regards :grin:

oh D4 glad you made this thread lol im still having probs will give you details 2mora. But bought a new router and changed the usb stick but no difference, so must be a pc prob rather than wireless.

partners bro still has the wireless prob even iv taken it apart and done as axxo suggested to no joy, been told its been taken over (that will be the config worm then) any ideas pls. last time i ask as if is the config worm its his own fault.

Haha.... sorry for being so busy everyone; couldn't log in much. And one quick note:

Everyone open a new thread!

I'll be able to help all of you better in different threads.... :grin:

Best Regards :grin:

i will be spending some time in here as well now, so hopefully i can also offer a helping hand.

ive been given a sony vaio cause im cheap and wont buy a new laptop! anyway been up most of night getting rid of everything poss u can think of, it runs pretty good, but screen not attached to keyboard on one side the bracket has snapped of can it be fixed.

Does anyone have any experience of Acer chromebook 14s, my mrs one just stopped working, it wont switch on, i thought it maybe was a faulty charger, but i got her a new one and still the same, i will do a bit of research tonight and open it up tomorrow and have a look at it, but i just wanted to check and see if anyone else ever had a similar problem with this model, thanks.

Last edited:
try taking battery out when its out press and hold power button down for 1 minute then connect batterey see if that works

Tried that one marcoose, seen it on the internet, its 2 year old, i dont know if the batterys packed in or not.

Do you see any lights when plugged in as mine / all laptops show lights to some extent,any switch on other end?

No just the ten screws, my laptop tools are up in my daughters house, i will get it opened when i get them, but no small holes at the bottom or sides.

So just an update and an end to my problem, finally this morning i opened the laptop up and had a look, nothing obvious stood out, so after a bit of tampering i found the problem, the connection in the laptop was not connecting fully with the charger when inserting it in, so i moved it slightly and stuck it with a little double sided adhesive tape, and now its fully charged and working away, Marcoose and Cactikid, thanks for your help and suggestions, much appreciated.

The 5 tags are like snippets of info to guide to your post

tags,
Microphone , laptop , drivers , W10 , apps,

Something like that is needed when it asks for tags and posting in the computer forum section.

Back