Green Line On lcd Monitor

Icanbe

VIP Member
I have a Samsung lcd monitor,Model# 2443BW
Last night it developed a bright green line running from top to bottom on the right side.
Does anyone know if this can be fixed or is it a faulty monitor?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Samsung lcd monitor,Model# 2443BW
Last it developed a bright green line running from top to bottom on the right side.
Does anyone know if this can be fixed or is it a faulty monitor?
Thanks

it could just be a pixel problem, there are websites and programs that will throw as many colors as a monitor can handle, to kind'ov "refresh it" might work, might not, but its worth a try. you could also try to hit the refresh button on you monitor. if neither of these solutions work, then you have a bad monitor. i will try to find that web page or program i was talking about, dont have it on hand, that is unless someone posts it before me.

EDIT: I almost forgot, you could also change the resolution of the screen, if the green line moves with your changing screen size it is not your monitor, at that point it could even be a faulty video card, but my money is on the monitor.

EDIT, can you see your white mouse over the green line?

Last edited:
Re:Green line on monitor

Thanks for the advice Homesick, I tried a few things, nothing is helping.
I have called Samsung, They are going to replace it.

funny as i have a sony bravia lcd with same green line,needs updating lol,have rs232leads do i need to update.:moon:

This is an LG42" plasma tv i had a couple of years ago that developed two black lines when it was just over 12 months old.

I had terrible trouble getting them to accept responsibility for it as they said it was out of warranty.

Attachments

• LG Tv.jpg
    LG Tv.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 36
Yeah i was very unimpressed with it. Got it sorted eventually though, with the retailer and the LG supplier and us all taking one third of the cost of a new tv.

so u did not watch the live version on u tube of how to fix plasma with baseball bat,tapping on top of unit quiet hard where line is and also on screen where line is,all this while tv was showing a program,after a minute of banging tv lines were gone and normal viewing returned.

so u did not watch the live version on u tube of how to fix plasma with baseball bat,tapping on top of unit quiet hard where line is and also on screen where line is,all this while tv was showing a program,after a minute of banging tv lines were gone and normal viewing returned.
Would that not void your warranty? LOL

I don't think i'd do that cacti, if i broke the screen i'd have absolutely no comeback then, would i? ;)

Feel free to try it with yours. Do let me know how you get on ROFL

just watched that youtube vid, its brilliant, sounds like plenty of violence going on in the background too, he'll probably have to fix the wall next lol

cant mine is lcd its fecked anyway,dont have lines on the pioneer yet.i think he was the warranty man who comes to fix it as he is not allowed to use hammer he uses the modification tool.

it could just be a pixel problem, there are websites and programs that will throw as many colors as a monitor can handle, to kind'ov "refresh it" might work, might not, but its worth a try. you could also try to hit the refresh button on you monitor. if neither of these solutions work, then you have a bad monitor. i will try to find that web page or program i was talking about, dont have it on hand, that is unless someone posts it before me.

EDIT: I almost forgot, you could also change the resolution of the screen, if the green line moves with your changing screen size it is not your monitor, at that point it could even be a faulty video card, but my money is on the monitor.

EDIT, can you see your white mouse over the green line?

Here's a program Something like the one you mentioned homsick.

Link:

-

Back