GrogBuild Grogbuild H2H stuck on fast restore

Hi all just installed ATV6.3 and used grogbuild to set it up.... trouble is its stuck on 28% with the title "fast restore in progress" sits there for 5 mins then reboots and does the same ...any ideas ?
thanks in advance

Did you mount your USB first and initialise it can't see there been any error or a bug @grog68 would say better what image version of open atv was on your box previously

The grogbuild setup basically creates settings backup based in the questions it asks, it then flashes the box with ATV which in turn restores the backup file when it has flashed - the 'Fast Restore' screen, it then reboots the box again.

The fast restore screen can indeed sit there for a good few minutes depending on box before it should reboot and boot fully with Grogbuild settings.

The fact that it keeps returning to the Fast Restore screen suggests ATV is not able to restore the backup for some reason, this may be as @bazcfc1 has mentioned be due to the USB stick, or for some reason the backup has got corrumpted. Removing the usb just means that ATV doesn't see the backup file so can't restore the Grogbuild files and therefor boots to a plain ATV setup.

Once in ATV you could insert the USB stick again and then try 'restore settings' to see if that works but my bet is the USB stick, make sure it is Initialised on the box and retry

The grogbuild setup basically creates settings backup based in the questions it asks, it then flashes the box with ATV which in turn restores the backup file when it has flashed - the 'Fast Restore' screen, it then reboots the box again.

The fast restore screen can indeed sit there for a good few minutes depending on box before it should reboot and boot fully with Grogbuild settings.

The fact that it keeps returning to the Fast Restore screen suggests ATV is not able to restore the backup for some reason, this may be as @bazcfc1 has mentioned be due to the USB stick, or for some reason the backup has got corrumpted. Removing the usb just means that ATV doesn't see the backup file so can't restore the Grogbuild files and therefor boots to a plain ATV setup.

Once in ATV you could insert the USB stick again and then try 'restore settings' to see if that works but my bet is the USB stick, make sure it is Initialised on the box and retry
OK Update ..... brought 2 new usb sticks, one kingston 32gb and one cruiser 32gb
ive downloaded ATV6.3 todays version 20200304 and run the set up until i get to the ATV install guide (setting up hdmi network etc) i escaped out of this until i can get to the main menu where i initialise the usb drives as you cannot run the install command, once initialised i run your command and select the appropriate optionetc and off it runs ....... it flashes the box and reboots ...gets to -28- Fast restore in pregress... and stops after 5 mins or so it reboots .....gets to -28- after 5 mins or so reboots and so it goes ... i have now tried both usb sticks and an external ssd hard drive all with the same result ......
just tried what you said Grog68, removed the usb stick let it boot fully then re installed the usb drive and tried a "restore settings" it got as far as the netwrok then rebooted and still the same stops at -28- and bootloops
any other ideas ?

That's odd as I reinstalled Grogbuild FR on my H52tc just a couple of days ago which is basically the same box (H3 image) and it went smoothly. I'm not sure why it's not getting past 28

just noticed this when trying again, an error to do with a .tar file ...see attached screen grabs
1.jpg
and here to do with the same .tar file
2.jpg

any help grog68 ?

yes m8 they are mounted and initialised and both sticks are 32gb and a 120 usb hard drive all with 100% free space apart ftom the empty directories it creates

Back