Grogbuild Install

Tezzers

Hi Chaps, i got a new h9s after my h2s died and just put Grogs back on new box. The trouble is, after installing using tenet it seems to be stuck on the open atv 6.3 `fast restore in progress` screen, been around 15 minutes now ! Any ideas please ?

Make sure you have an initialised usb in the box and start again, you may have run out of space for temp files
Yeah already have formatted/ initialised/ memory stick in. Although, my 64gb stick got corrupted i only have an 8gb in box now, till i buy a new one.
Thanks for reply

really stuck now. i tried an earlier image but took usb out to format, now it won`t install grogs cos its not inisialised

Any help please guys

You dont format it, initialise it in the box
get to a blank screen
Press menu/setup/system/storage devices
Click the usb, press red
Then run gb freerange command line

Reboot it and see if you can get to menus.
If not, run command line and see if it gets to HDMI settings on screen, if it does, initialise usb at this point and start again

Reboot it and see if you can get to menus.
If not, run command line and see if it gets to HDMI settings on screen, if it does, initialise usb at this point and start again
tried rebooting numerous times, no joy. how do i run command line ? you mean just try and install image again ?

Today i have tried Grogs, Openvix, and Woosh. They all get as far as the splash screen then that`s it, cannot get any further with remote not responding, can`t get to menu`s etc.
For now i have had to set up my old freesat box, but would love any solution to this problem, i even put openatv 6,3 on a memory stick and tried flashing that so i could get back to basics, but grogs monkey pops back up lol. won`t even install base openatv.

Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys :)

When monkey appears, its done.
Press menu and go from there
Thats the problem though, that screen is totally unresponsive, can't get to menu or nothing. Does anyone know a command i can run via telnet which would wipe the box so i can start from scratch please ?

Just try reflashing with plain open atv 6.2 if it will flash then once setup on plain open atv try flashing grog free range or try willobuild instead of openatv

Just try reflashing with plain open atv 6.2 if it will flash then once setup on plain open atv try flashing grog free range or try willobuild instead of openatv
Hi Baz, i tried flashing openatv again but it`s not having any of it mate, just staying on splash screen. is there anything i can do via telnet or filezilla ? Also my 8gb memory stick isn`t initialised as i had to format it to put oatv basebuild on

Try willobuild mate on the open atv image you download and extract is there a file that says no force if so rename to force and try again

If you change the file to force if it says no force you won't have to hold power button mate as the force file forces the box to reflash

just gonna try now mate. Didn`t work :( can you help me by deleting whatever is causing the issue via filezilla please mate ?

EDIT: forget that, i can`t even connect box to filezilla or putty ? Managed to connect to putty and filezilla, just need to know what files to delete now please and some help doing so :)

Last edited:
Back