Guidance on setip for a H.2S

liam1983

Hello all,

Never had a satbox before, been looking through the forums for a long time and trying to make sens of how they work, what you need to install etc and today took the plunge, I was going to go for the 2s until I saw the new H.2S and decided to order a H.2S instead, as this new subsection for the H.2S is so new there is very little info, I have done a search but the keyword H.2S is too vague and has too many results according to the search funcion so am looking for guidance please.

Is there a dummy setup guide for this box yet, I have searched but not found one?
What does the initial setup involve, I want UK S*y channels BT Sport etc, should I buy a C or N line, I understood previously from the forums that the N is better generally? Also any supplier suggestions welcome or PM'd.
Do I need to backup what is on the box at arrival first? Heard of bricking, what is this and how do I avoid?
What skins or image or anything else do I need for this box? If anyone can suggest particular ones that would be great.

Sorry to be vague and a complete novice, any help is greatly appreciated, I am not an idiot but new to this (and I know that is something said on here all the time).

Thanks very much

the H2S may be the new version of the 2S but they are set up in exactly the same way so follow the 2S guide, I think kiddac made a step by step guide that covers OpenATV

Last edited:
You do not need a guide for this box it follows the same as all the other e2 boxes so just check out all the guides for the other zgemma boxes (just do not install the images)

You do not need tspanel to install nline you ftp it.

hello,
got a problem setting up h2s box...my brother-inlaw got the 2s a couple weeks ago and set it up himself,
he came to set my h2s up today (both thinking it would be exactly the same process) with same files etc on usb what he used to set his up...we are both noobs (especially me) and he/we had an issue straight away with booting the box and flashing usb....he said his didn`t work straight away but eventually did after a few attempts.....anyway nothing was happening when we turned the box on with usb in....
we both messed around scratching our heads looking on forums etc, brother-inlaw used sucmnsee guide for his and said it looks like his files won`t work on the h2s??
after downloading/trying a few other files with still no luck we gave up and he left....i did some more reading and managed to get the box to boot with usb by pressing standby button,
i`ve now got vix rather than atv but got an error msg saying....
"creating hardlink to timeshift file failed!
the filesystem on your timeshift device does not support hardlinks
make sure its formatted in ext2 or ext3"

firstly has anyone any ideas what to do from here and secondly should i have stuck with atv rather than vix (does it matter? and how would i go back if so?)
thank you.

Last edited:
i got that error when i first installed VIX customer firmware. you need to go in to settings, time shift and maybe change to it to an external source or delay how long it starts recording after. (i am fairly new to this too and this is my understanding)

Ok thank you....can anyone confirm or advise further?....i'm not a very confident noob and don't want to end up complicating things further...
no offence m8
and thank you again.

Back