Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Net Id's are areas they are not individual.

You may need to try both if you don't know which one to use, if the net id is wrong it just won't find any channels
when you scan, you won't damage anything.

Do us a favour and edit your post number 12.

Delete anything in "quotes" as it is copying the whole tutorial into that post.

Nice guide. just weighing up my options on which box to get. If I get the LX2, I've heard that most people use the OpenATV image on it. Would this setup be similar on that image or do you recommend I get that box with the Vix image flashed? How much different is setup on OpenATV?

Just started setting up my box and I've come across my first of a million questions. How do I select upc Ireland as my provider as they aren't on the list. Setting this up seemed a lot easier when reading through this guide.

There is very little about when it comes to UPC Ireland.

You should get the sat sat running, but the cable side is a
bit of a mystery to me and lots of others.

should be able to setup........@bees on vm maybe same as upc xml cable file did you have to add it or just went into abm and scanned cable network,also learning on these boxes.

I just did a brute force scan without entering any net id and got nearly 300 channels. Took well over an hour to do as when I limited the range to 6887 (Dublin) that only gave my 50 channels. Can't test if it works though as I dont have a UPC line or even a test line to try it out, pretty please anyone. Also this cables xml file.I downloaded one from another post here, could you post the one you use and what folder do we FTP into, thanks.

.@bees on vm maybe same as upc xml cable file did you have to add it or just went into abm and scanned cable network,also learning on these boxes.

Just put in my net id and symbol rate and used abm maker haven't had to use a xml file.

Oh, while I'm on and a question from another thread, the miraclebox is a combo, not seen an an E2 box that just runs cable.

Little birdie told me blade are having problems running sat and cable so maybe that's why their combo 8000 is
sat and terrestrial :whistling:

Last edited:
@bees, I have been told that a terrestrial tuner can act and work as a cable tuner along side a sat tuner in boxes such as technomate. Is this true?

maybe not in looking at the specs?sounds like freeview

HTML:
http://www.technomate.com/products/TM%252d6902-HD-Combo-Super.html

If they can do both they are usually advertised as a hybrid tuner and will be described
something like this DVB C/T1/T2 in the spec.

If it hasn't got the "C" it won't do cable.

That's what I thought at first, if it is not C then it's basically free view.

Don't get why I was told this information.

hi i have it all set up got over 1000 channels put server in still carnt watch any channels please help

---------- Post Merged at 04:39 PM ----------

iv just been told by server to use Mgcamd or oscamd please help me bees

---------- Post Merged at 04:52 PM ----------

and ccam lines how do i set them up have you any links please help

---------- Post Merged at 05:10 PM ----------

the gigablue box says not configured for cccam wont turn on

Back