Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

OK so how to I download my softcams?

I'm going to have a go at this again. I was up till after 4am the last two nights trying to do this until I realised I need to ask for help

i have no idea on that image as it could also be used on clone boxes.
just searched that image version and its new,so maybe try reading setup guides on blackhole as this is a vix thread which can be different?
cams might need to be imported?

so i now have the latest vix image installed.

so if i go to download plugins and download mg 1.38 (should i do this on the box itself or download them from the vix page and send them over ?
Once ive got mg 1.38 on the box then i have to send over the two files newcamd.list and then mg_cfg

Where can i download these ?

once ive got them sent over to usr/keys whats my next step ? Do i open thnewcamd.list with dream explorer on the box and type in my line ?

Again thanks in advance for all your help and apologies for all the questions but im new to this and keen to learn how to do it.

Download mgcam 1.38 direct to the box through the plugins menu.

The two files you need are both in the zip file linked at the bottom of the guide.

newcamd.list can open with notepad. Delete the existing example and put in your own line details.

Send both files to Usr/Keys.

Then blue button on the remote and activate the cam.

you'll have to edit that line or it will become useless, click edit and remove the line details.
it's a c line and it goes in Cccam.cfg file
on vix this is in the etc folder

Ah right I mean I've changed the letters and numbers

I'm not really following this thread.
You've bought a c line but you don't know why, what it's for or what it does?
it's a CWS line you need and it needs pasting into newcamd.list
is it for cable or sat?

Haha . Yes I can see how that looks now.
No a mate of mine got it and asked me to set it up for him
He doesn't really know how all this stuff works but has seen me messing about with my vu plus and went ahead and got a sub .
It's not the same as mine and I don't know what to do with it

Back