H2 + VM/Sly. Couple of basic questions please.

GreenBhoy

Hi Guys

I got my H2 last night and had a bit of a play about with it. Currently I have a SAT Feed (not used for 3 years) and a Cable Feed (working fine on a VM box). I just wanted to plug it in to check basic connectivity. The SAT feed gets nothing, but that 'may' be due to the fact that I had not disabled tuner B (Cable). I cannot check Cable yet as I need an fconn->coax converter. Freeview brought in a few channels and radio stations, but I need my aerial repointed for that to work and it is not my main reason for purchase. I just want to get the basics under my belt before moving to to adding a line/Lines.

So basically my questions are:

• I take it my SAT feed 'should' get FTA SAT channels as I still have a dish & cabling (2 cables)? Any reason I get nothing? I noticed that it just did Tuner 2 (DVB-C/T/T2) when scanning. I take it I need to disable Tuner 2 somehow? Any idea which LNB of the 2 I need to plug in - will they both work?
  • When I get my F connector to Coax it goes into Tuner B (not the loop RF) and disable Tuner 1 (DVB-S)? Then scan? I 'should' get Cable FTA right?
  • Also if I use a Sucmnsee Vix image can I use the 'blue' sly egp for both SAT & Cable? or do I need 1 red & 1 blue depending on which tuner is engaged?

Many thanks in advance for your help guys!

Hi Guys

I got my H2 last night and had a bit of a play about with it. Currently I have a SAT Feed (not used for 3 years) and a Cable Feed (working fine on a VM box). I just wanted to plug it in to check basic connectivity. The SAT feed gets nothing, but that 'may' be due to the fact that I had not disabled tuner B (Cable). I cannot check Cable yet as I need an fconn->coax converter. Freeview brought in a few channels and radio stations, but I need my aerial repointed for that to work and it is not my main reason for purchase. I just want to get the basics under my belt before moving to to adding a line/Lines.

So basically my questions are:

• I take it my SAT feed 'should' get FTA SAT channels as I still have a dish & cabling (2 cables)? Any reason I get nothing? I noticed that it just did Tuner 2 (DVB-C/T/T2) when scanning. I take it I need to disable Tuner 2 somehow? Any idea which LNB of the 2 I need to plug in - will they both work?
  • When I get my F connector to Coax it goes into Tuner B (not the loop RF) and disable Tuner 1 (DVB-S)? Then scan? I 'should' get Cable FTA right?
  • Also if I use a Sucmnsee Vix image can I use the 'blue' sly egp for both SAT & Cable? or do I need 1 red & 1 blue depending on which tuner is engaged?

Many thanks in advance for your help guys!

Here you go this might help initially:
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

Thanks for the reply! I was really only asking about FTA for the moment, but I'll have a go with this guide (I have read it many times already!). So I take it I need a VIX image on the box for all the settings to look the same? It comes loaded with OpenATV v4.2

Also any idea with the Skin? Will the "Blue" skin work just as well with a cable feed?

Many thanks!

Thanks for the reply! I was really only asking about FTA for the moment, but I'll have a go with this guide (I have read it many times already!). So I take it I need a VIX image on the box for all the settings to look the same? It comes loaded with OpenATV v4.2

Also any idea with the Skin? Will the "Blue" skin work just as well with a cable feed?

Many thanks!

Same steps for FTA except you will not need cccam or mgcamd :-)

I don't use a particular skin as I like the look and feel of the OpenPli firmware.

Many thanks for the replies guys :)

Will have a go at flashing over the weekend, try the guide and see if I can get any FTA before moving on the the more complex stuff :)

Back