H5 2tc usb hdd problems

playz28

Recently got my h5 2tc and having issues with my usb hdd.

Basically flashing with an 8gb lexar usb drive is fine and it is recognised properly. However once I installed the grobuild openatv 6.1 my usb 500gb drive is not recognised. Currently using using an 500gb Seagate hdd in an anker usb 3 enclosure.

I switched to wooshbuild openatv 6 build and the drive is recognised but only after boot. I.e. boot the box without the sun drive plugged in and once the box is fully booted, plugging in the hdd works and I can record and timeshift.

If I restart the box from the menu or switch off an on using the white button at the back of the box the plugged in hard drive is not recognised. I have to unplug and plug back the usb cable.

I am using the rear usb connector and have tries formatting and reinitialising the hdd several times. Fat32 on laptop and then initialize on the box.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have tried another sun enclosure with same hdd and the same problem occurs.

I have an h2s on wooshbuild 6 which works fine. Not sure if there is an issue with the usb drivers on the h5 2tc.

Any help welcome

They're funny with hard drives these are... I think I read previously that someone did the convert ext 3 to ext 4 option and that worked but don't take my word for it and I will not be held liable if you break anything :grin:

i will say it again dont use usb powered hdd as people have issues.
people should use a powered externally one only
is your seagate externally powered?

I use Vix,
when you go to storage devices you can set them to mount automatically,
make sure this is set to yes
not sure where it is in ATV

ATV is not like VIX
You need one brain cell to work VIX
But you need two brain cells to work ATV
:)

Press the red button on remote and select Plugins -> Mount Manager. Your HDD should be listed. It must be mounted on /media/hdd, if it's not press the green button and then set the mount with left/right arrow keys. Once /media/hdd is highlighted press the green button again to save and the box will reboot and you should be OK.

cactikid - My seagate is powered from the usb port.
Grog68 - The HDD is not listed under the Plugins -> Mount Manager until i unplug and replug back the usb cable at the back of the box. HDD is set as media/hdd as once replugged in, timeshift and recording works straight away. I have also set my recording and timeshift location as media/hdd. Think is definately something to do with the self powered usb port. The H2S does not have this problem however. Very strange.

There have been issues mentioned on here before with seagate drives, I can't remember the issue or fix off hand.

Just an update, I have connected my usb3 sata/idea adapter which is externally powered an it work on boot perfectly. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320551681858

I just need now to get an externally powered 2.5" enclosure. Seem hard to come by as most are usb powered. Looking at these two items however. The second has a dc5v input.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302162219452
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140798308337

Has anyone any recommendations? Don't want to use a 3.5” enclosure because they are too big.

Guys just received my powered usb enclosure. The pcb has these white marks on it. It looks like corrosion or similar. Tested the unit and it works but worried about longevity.

Has anyone seen anything like this previously?
f1be99985d7ff17437895bfec95c3fc2.jpg
d1a3ecb557917187d6277a4c6bc1d85e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back