Cable H7C ATV 6.1 Wi-Fi setup

Gentlemen

Hi guys,
I have H7C with Grog Build on it ATV 6.1, I would like to use wifi dongle on it and Ive bought this
WiFi Dongle 1200Mbps 802.11AC USB WiFi Adapter Dual Band 5GHz/2.4GHz Fast USB3.0 High Gain 5dBi Antenna Computer Network Wireless Adapter for PC Desktop Laptop Tablet Supports Windows Mac and Linux: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

somehow I cant find any settings for wifi that i can set it, box even not recognising the Dongle..Anyone has got same setup that can give me some advice please..
Thanks and regards

If the box cannot see the dongle that would suggest a driver issue. There is probably one avaliable for that paticular box.

Hi guys,
I have H7C with Grog Build on it ATV 6.1, I would like to use wifi dongle on it and Ive bought this
WiFi Dongle 1200Mbps 802.11AC USB WiFi Adapter Dual Band 5GHz/2.4GHz Fast USB3.0 High Gain 5dBi Antenna Computer Network Wireless Adapter for PC Desktop Laptop Tablet Supports Windows Mac and Linux: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

somehow I cant find any settings for wifi that i can set it, box even not recognising the Dongle..Anyone has got same setup that can give me some advice please..
Thanks and regards
I'm assuming you are still attempting to use WiFi for iptv (VV Bad idea) and using an antiquated image 6.1?
Maybe using ethernet and updating the image to something from this century may cure your iptv woes?

Hi guys,

Thanks and regards
Normally we use a wired connection but after a pet rabbit chewed two 15m long ethernet cables, we now use this Anewish Wireless Adapter (containing Realtek RTL8812BU Chip) for IPTV with a Zgemma H5 box. This is how to set up:
  • Insert the wifi adapter into front USB slot on box.
  • Press GREEN on Remote, GREEN, Downloadable plugins, Select drivers, 'network-usb-rtl8822bu (1.0-r0)', install and restart box.
  • Press BLUE on Remote, select Network, Network Wizard, Network Adapter Selection, Wireless network connection, Scan for wireless networks, select required network and press GREEN.
  • In Current settings, change Use this interface from 'no' to 'yes'. Then configure settings including Encryption = WPA or WPA2 and Encryption key = password.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Back