H7C not booting up.

atiq1

Hi Fellows! Have not used this box for over 18 months. I switched it on today, the front display "Ab" (or something) is visible but does not boot up. Tried many times from On/Off button at the back but does not go beyond that display.
I remember it was def working when i put it in storage . Any help Pl?

Hi Fellows! Have not used this box for over 18 months. I switched it on today, the front display "Ab" (or something) is visible but does not boot up. Tried many times from On/Off button at the back but does not go beyond that display.
I remember it was def working when i put it in storage . Any help Pl?
Have you tried a different PSU?
Any 12v supply will do but ideally it needs to be the same or higher amps, eg 12v 5A or 6A

PSU output matches the requirement written at the back. ie; 12V DC 2.5A. But I discovered something else just now. Looking underneath the box, There is little handwritten label from April 2020 saying "msu sent to box". I inherited this box from a friend in 2021. I can only assume that it was repaired then. Is it worth the effort to replace the PSU while the suspected old problem might be back.
Although I am retired now but i am a qualified engineer. I am tempted to have a look inside but in the absence of any supporting Diagrams, I think it will be a waste of time. Any suggestions Pl.

PSU output matches the requirement written at the back. ie; 12V DC 2.5A. But I discovered something else just now. Looking underneath the box, There is little handwritten label from April 2020 saying "msu sent to box". I inherited this box from a friend in 2021. I can only assume that it was repaired then. Is it worth the effort to replace the PSU while the suspected old problem might be back.
Although I am retired now but i am a qualified engineer. I am tempted to have a look inside but in the absence of any supporting Diagrams, I think it will be a waste of time. Any suggestions Pl.
There is no effort in replacing the PSU.
You need a 12v 5A, opening it up and fiddling about inside will probably make things worse

Have you tried to boot the box up without a storage device or any wires connected apart from HDMI/Power?
Have you tried flashing the box by USB again?
Check power specs on box if you are testing PSU. 5A is a big draw, there is no need for minimum of that amperage. (Nor harm it in either as will only draw what is needed, but not a necessity.)

Thx Guys! Only The Power supply 12V 2.5A and HDMI cable was attached. Didn't even think about flashing with USB with the box in the present state.
Only thing left now is to find a 12V with 5A amperage and try it. On to the ebay now

Thx Guys! Only The Power supply 12V 2.5A and HDMI cable was attached. Didn't even think about flashing with USB with the box in the present state.
Only thing left now is to find a 12V with 5A amperage and try it. On to the ebay now
Have you tried flashing it?

Hi Fellows! Tried a new 12 V 6A PSU as suggested but it does not go beyond the attached displayed logo. Nothing else. Any further Suggestions pl?

Attachments

• H7C2 (1).jpg
    H7C2 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
That logo lights up before it boots.
If it's not booting it may be there's nothing to boot to.
You will need to download plain openatv for h7c and flash it by usb.
You said last week you were going to try flashing it, did you not attempt it?

Sorry Pabs! Did try flashing via USB but no response.
What make and size USB did you use?

Which image did you download?

Did you format it with FAT32 before you put the unzipped image on it?

Did you try different USB ports in the H7 box?

Done all that, Under 8GB, Formatted twice over, 6.4 and Used both upper and lower slots. No response or display.

Done all that, Under 8GB, Formatted twice over, 6.4 and Used both upper and lower slots. No response or display.
Did you keep a finger on the standby button while powering it up? - put usb in, put finger on standby button (tiny black button under front flap) then power on and wait until the display says FLSH then let your finger off standby button

Back