H9.2s recording problem

dribbler

Hi, just a quick question if anyone can help? When I record a channel or 2 at the same time my box is extremely sloooow, I’m using it with a 128gb flash drive usb3, latest wooshbuild with infinity. Anyone else have this problem? I’m only using it for Freesat tv, nothing else.

First i would ask where your epg is been stored to
Your usb stick is it mounted and showing ext4
Hi thanks, not sure where the epg is stored? Usb ithink was ext3 but it’s asked if I want to convert to ext4 so I’ve just let it do it’s thing. Fingers crossed Thanks!!

Check where epg is been stored to in settings and not to internal flash as box would go slow.
Hi it’s stored to the hdd usb, box does seem better but still abit laggy? Records as it should but just slow to navigate through epg and change channels. Thanks for your time and help. I might try vix at the weekend when I have time to mess about. Thank you again

It is, I misread it as freeview.:rage:
That said I don't think the epg takes up much space/memory.
It could be something running in the background
To the OP
Openwebif
Type root..click enter
Type opkg update and click enter again, see if it's any different

It is, I misread it as freeview.:rage:
That said I don't think the epg takes up much space/memory.
It could be something running in the background
To the OP
Openwebif
Type root..click enter
Type opkg update and click enter again, see if it's any different
Done that, still slow but much better I wonder if it’s the flash drive? It is usb3 I’m going to swap it out and try that at some point. Thanks for all the help you guys have been great

Does that box have a front usb port?
If so try that, also reboot the box again and try the opkg update command once more after reboot

Does that box have a front usb port?
If so try that, also reboot the box again and try the opkg update command once more after reboot
Hi, the box only has 1 usb I will swap it later for a smaller size (64gb) and I will try the reboot with opkg. I’ll post my findings later. Thanks

Specs say usb is 2.0.
Ok thanks for that, wouldn’t the flash drive just not run as fast? Backwards compatible? I’m leaving it to the weekend because of work but I will try another usb3 and I will try usb2. I will tell you guys what happens

Most of the time its best to have a size max of 8gb for flashing boxes
I did use a 8gb drive but I swapped it out afterwards both times for 128 and now 64 I’ll test the 128gb drive on my pc, i bought it new for the box so I’ve only ever used it with the box, maybe it’s faulty?

Back