Has Anyone Ever Used Open box 4 U

Beats85

Hi all

New around here and new to the open boxes etc... I have been playing around with Kodi and different add ons and thought it was time to take a step up and go for one of these

I had contacted a site called openbox4u and got a very long email back telling me for £110 He can give me a V8S with a 12 month gift 4 x multiline

Being new I would just like to find out if anyone has ever used them and If I'm being ripped off with the price.

He then went on to say If i buy a cheap one from eBay that I have not to contact him for help? I found that a bit arrogant as I wouldn't buy something from tesco then take it back to asda. Bit silly really.

Anyway enough from me, If anyone has any experiences with these guys then id be keen to hear

i would buy the box yourself for about £35 then request a gift/line from here would be cheaper and lots of help on this forum

So I take it the lines people are getting from others on here are more reliable then? I was reading on the buyers guide to best box thread that you can get one that doesn't need manual updating and they listed E2 boxes Miraclebox micro, Edision OS,Mutant HD1200, VU+Zero. What do you make of these?

Sorry I know you have probably seen this question 100 times, I just notice your a TK veteran so thought it would be worth asking while your here lol

Really? This lad from openbox4u said I would have to do it manually once a month. He was saying there aren't many HD channels but I read here if you use a cable line instead of sly you can get HD? Its all so confusing when trying to get started out. Then again so was Kodi and now I find that a doddle

We're all here, monitoring you Beats LOL I put them all on notice that you would be creeping :) as you have found the other buyers guide to the best box (told you the searchfunction was cool ), you will see that the best box it the one that your budget extends to, you tell the budget, we'll help with the box. Always buy your box and line separately. I personally wouldn't start with openbox, but that is just because within a few months you will want to update.

The enigma 2 type boxes are probably the mst advanced - you tell your budget including line, and we'll point you in the right direction

for £110 He can give me a V8S with a 12 month gift 4 x multiline

B!stards trying to rip off newbies! :damn:

Forget him and just stick around here for a while. You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll pick things up. The V8S is a decent starter box but it is quite basic. I got one off Amazon for £35. Steer clear of eBay! Do you have a budget in mind? For the money you mentioned you could probably get a zgemma h2s from our forum sponsor and also a line/gift. That's a good fast box that you can set up to look just like Sly. Hth.

We're all here, monitoring you Beats LOL I put them all on notice that you would be creeping :) as you have found the other buyers guide to the best box (told you the searchfunction was cool ), you will see that the best box it the one that your budget extends to, you tell the budget, we'll help with the box. Always buy your box and line separately. I personally wouldn't start with openbox, but that is just because within a few months you will want to update.

The enigma 2 type boxes are probably the mst advanced - you tell your budget including line, and we'll point you in the right direction

Creeping haha, I like it here everyone seems really happy to help.

Really my budget is just whatever its going to take to get the best most reliable option I can. Bare in mind I say this not knowing what a top end box and line would actually cost so I may regret this lol

---------- Post Merged at 11:31 PM ----------

for £110 He can give me a V8S with a 12 month gift 4 x multiline

B!stards trying to rip off newbies! :damn:

Forget him and just stick around here for a while. You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll pick things up. The V8S is a decent starter box but it is quite basic. I got one off Amazon for £35. Steer clear of eBay! Do you have a budget in mind? For the money you mentioned you could probably get a zgemma h2s from our forum sponsor and also a line/gift. That's a good fast box that you can set up to look just like Sly. Hth.

He went into great detail on the email he sent, I could copy and paste it here if anyone would be keen to see what he said? If thats allowed

Exactly, let's say we set aside about £40 for a line (we can most likely do a lot better than that, but let's keep it anyway)

Next you have to work out what you want to o with the box - do you want to be able to watch one channel, and record another - that leads us to asingle or double (or more) tuner box.
if you want to record, do you want abox with internal storage, or do you mind having a HDD beside the box
The top range box is about £250/300, so it really is time to either sh1t or come off the pot - tell us your budget and hat you want from the box

Exactly, let's say we set aside about £40 for a line (we can most likely do a lot better than that, but let's keep it anyway)

Next you have to work out what you want to o with the box - do you want to be able to watch one channel, and record another - that leads us to asingle or double (or more) tuner box.
if you want to record, do you want abox with internal storage, or do you mind having a HDD beside the box
The top range box is about £250/300, so it really is time to either sh1t or come off the pot - tell us your budget and hat you want from the box

Ok then thats not as bad as I thought it might be lol.

I could stretch to £200 if needs be. All I really want it for is to watch, I never really record anyway so thats not really needed. I would like one with as smooth a UI as possible mainly for my better half to use easily.

So Easy UI, Reliable, Auto Updating and HD would be lovely but from what I've read thats not possible from a sly line. Possible from a VM line though?

Have I covered everything?

---------- Post Merged at 11:43 PM ----------

He went into great detail on the email he sent, I could copy and paste it here if anyone would be keen to see what he said? If thats allowed

We've heard it all before mate. Just bin it and move on. :smoke rings:

Haha will do mate. cheers

The interface of the enigma machines can be set up to replicate the Sky interface, the Zgemma H2s is a twin tuner satellite box, very fast, so it can be set up to record one and watch the other. o to the zgemma section, there are prices there from a forum sponsor, and he gives £3 or something off to members. his is the sticky post on that section.
I say give it a day or two of reading around will do you and get you to make the decisions you need to as to your requirements.

You are right about HD, only available on cable.

Yu could still go up to a VU machine, but it would go over your budget. think about what yo want and let us know, don't rush into anything

Do all of the boxes you mention update automatically?

I will have a better look around tomorrow and get involved in some more threads. Time to go watch Walking Dead from earlier :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. Very much appreciated

I got mine from amazon about £35 after looking at the reviews
get one with the latest firmware installed so you can set it up over network
it was really easy to set up using you tube vidios

Hi mate, enigma 2 is the operating system (Think windows/ IOS/ Android, etc) lots of boxes use this OS, the beauty is that you can then add either OpenATV or VIX, which basically (very basically) is your UI. both of these are very similar in effect, but are a matter of preference. both options allow for an automatic update of both channel lists (boquets) and EPG.

I was on world of sat I quite like the look of this one looks nice and it says its an enigma 2. Miraclebox Premium Micro. Any thoughts on those?

Miraclebox Premium Micro

---------- Post Merged at 06:06 PM ----------

Hi Wheelo

Yeah thats what I want. For now the less tinkering I have to do the better till I can get more into it. Moving to a new house in May so will need to find out if they already have VM in if not i know they have a sat dish. Do these boxes work with either sly or vm?

The miraclebox says it is only a single tuner for satellite, if I read the blurb properly, there are dual/triple tuner models out there, that you can mix sat and cable on, so it wouldn't matter in your predicament. I don't know which is which, but I will direct some people who should know the answer to your thread here.

Back