having trouble soft modding wii!

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
OK guys finally got the bits to do the sons g/f wii! have run off Wheelos instructions followed step 1 but et as far as putting sd card in wii and nothing! come up with a ? when click on it it comes up the channel cannot be launched on this wii console. so tried via the ? on the RHS of the screen "about saved data" sae data cannot be loaded directly form sd card to use save data stored on card 1st move to memory.
Did this but after around 20 mins its still caution when you see this icon appear no not remove sd card or turn off console.
After about 1/2 hr turned off and started again.

Read some info on here and renamed the elf to .dol but still no joy! so reverted it back again

So cant get past step 1

Have checked that its connected to my internet it did a test and came up with connection was successful perform an update support code 61212. I clicked NO if i clicked yes i take it it would update to the newest version - which i dont want do i??

I have now tried 3 different sd cards all with same results will not load what ever is on the sd card

( told you guys it would not be easy for me )

Last edited:
DONT Panic ive sorted it!

Went back to other thread reread thread and found out how to add a different homebrew channel.
and guess what. IVE DONE IT!!! GO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After hours of stressing out and finally managing to get my head round it ive conquered it!!!

Wheelo can have some peace now lol!

Right now need to know what to do to stop the wii auto updating. Ive turned off the connect 24
But if they buy a new game ( or should i say get a new game for xmas) and it says b4 you can play it you need to update wii - what do you do??

Linny, Well done mate, it is just a matter of not panicking, the thing you are thinking of to stop auto updating is priiloader. I will point you in the right direction for the most bug free version, also, you did say to me that it is on 4.2e didn't you??, as this has a say in which set of hacks that you should use.

Edit:

Linny go to the Techkings Wii download section you will find

http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=235

And

http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=235

These are Priiloader and the hacks, there is a readme if you need it. any other problems, just holler.

Last edited:
Cheers wheelo will take a look later today when pc is on xx. Yes it is 4.2 couldnt remember what the prog was called but i remember you had to start/reset i think to get into it

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

damn wished i could click thanks from my iphone/ipad!

how to i add this to wii does it need to be added to the sd card ( with pack 3 on ) and installed like all the other packs

Plus Wheelo the 2 links above are they they same ??

Last edited:
No linny, they are separate, one is the prog, the other is the hack.
the prog has a folder called apps, plus a wee bit more. put this on a blank SD card, then get the 4.x hack off the other download, put it on the root of the card also ( not in any of the folders) run from the homebrew channel, follow the instructions and away you go again.
alternatively, she is a 18 year old or so kid, tell her not to accept any updates, unless she asks you. again, I will be over your way soon, and I will do it for you??

ah rite thanks! just they both looked the same :)

your a star and think ill owe you a beer or few xx

Never trust an Irish man not to just turn up on your doorstep just to get a free drink LOL :lep:

Thanks Sinno yup actually to be honest it was more George than me - hes got more patience and reads every word lol! He did all the hard work of clicking buttons etc.
Also looks like we gotta do the gilrfriends sisters boyfriends one lol! But at least George knows and he can do it - i just have to download all the bits!

As for Wheelo, well you know your welcome any time - ive always got summit nice in the fridge - might not be the black stuff but, but also as i know your coming ill get some in :)

No don't Linny, I like to moan that people haven't got my drink. That and I don't drink anything but lager on your side of the sea. talk to you thursday PM(after 5'ish). did you sort out priiloader??
As for the other one, you can do it or leave it 'til I get over the big sea
Wheelo.

Back