Haye Blames Broken Toe For Klitschko Defeat

j4v3d

VIP Member
Britain's David Haye has blamed a broken toe for his defeat to Wladimir Klitschko in the World Heavyweight unification fight in Hamburg.

88.jpg

Haye was beaten on points by Klitschko who dominated almost from the opening bell. Although he never knocked Haye down in a fight that did not live up to its advance hype, Klitschko's performance was enough to win a unanimous points decision

"He was scared to fight me," Klitschko said. "I was expecting more of a challenge in the ring, but he was super defensive."

89.jpg

Speaking from Hamburg, Sky News sports presenter Chris Skudder said: "For all the trash-talking there was no Hayemaker, not enough leather was thrown by David Haye.

"He was never able to get into any kind of rhythm. He was too much in awe of the Ukrainian who didn't allow him any space at all.

"He told us that he would retire later this year at the age of 31. Right now, you have to think he might call it a day."

Haye - who had attracted thousands of British fans to the German city - said he hurt his small toe on his right foot in training and lost some of his power.

"I couldn't give everything I needed to, it was really frustrating," he said in the ring. "I had to knock him out and unfortunately I couldn't do it."

Code:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/David-Haye-Wladimir-Klitschko-Beats-British-Boxer-In-World-Heavyweight-Unification-Fight-In-Hamburg/Article/201107116023174?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_16023174_David_Haye%3A_Wladimir_Klitschko_Beats_British_Boxer_In_World_Heavyweight_Unification_Fight_In_Hamburg

The boxing medical commitee would never have allowed Haye to fight with a broken window, never mind a broken toe, his excuse for defeat is a pathetic attempt to hide his damaged ego

He must be loaded on the $$! Retiring at his age would definitely suggest that he is set for life!

I dont know much or anything about boxing but if he really wants to prove himself, he will stay and box again, but if he just wants to relax and retire loaded with the $$ he has then he will retire this year..

dan he is loaded, the press are slating him big time, he might do one more big fight and go out in to the sunset. haye's time is up

dan he is loaded, the press are slating him big time, he might do one more big fight and go out in to the sunset. haye's time is up

"Bermondsey big mouth Haye weighs in for £20m boxing bout against Klitschko"
:whacko::whacko::whacko:

Dan faints.

he is going to retire on October 13th this year.

But sill hoping to have a re-match.

Back