HD channel issues

Some of my HD channels have slowly started disappearing. When I take my box to a friends nearby all the channels are good. I'm assuming its an issue in the cab, unless anyone has a suggestion for me?

I think this maybe the end of HD on cable, or even c/s on cable

I was talking to a Virgin installer the other day and he knows somebody
high up who told him they where about to bring out NAG4 lol

NAG4 !!!! :gossip:

I think this maybe the end of HD on cable, or even c/s on cable

I was talking to a Virgin installer the other day and he knows somebody
high up who told him they where about to bring out NAG4 lol

NAG4 !!!! :gossip:
I'm guessing and hoping that you are being sarcastic, right? I just bought a cable box so it would be nice to enjoy the HD channels at least 6 months :(

Claro TV has just changed the encoding of its HD channels on StarOne C4 for Nagravision 4.

Updated: Channels Return to Air on Some Pirate Receivers

The move to the latest coding version ends all possible piracy in the world, since that technology and SKY's NDS (which has been around for at least 6 years) has never been broken.

First the HD channels and then the SDs

The intention of the operator is to migrate all its SD channels to the new satellite, which will make them also inaccessible on all pirated TV sets on the market.

The technology has an incredible speed in the exchange of the keys that release the channels. With such speed, it is not possible for cards to be shared over the internet or via satellite without huge crashes, which totally prevents the chances of breaking such encryption.

Pay-TV piracy: the culprits, the goals and the consequences

Change that also affects IPTV

Currently many pirated Internet TV servers also used the operator's pirated signal to view HD channels in applications such as Kodi or on IPTV-equipped receivers.

With the change, either the pirate servers become the actual subscribers of the operator (which exposes them judicially) or they will have to migrate to another satellite that remains vulnerable, as is the case of Amazonas, used here by some OI TV subscribers And VIVO TV (inheritance of Telefonica Digital).

Is this the end of piracy in Brazil?

It is known that Claro TV is the biggest affected in the country by piracy, thanks to the use of the already lagged Nagra3 that has never been broken, but that can be circumvented by pirates with the use of traditional CS (card sharing or valid card sharing Carrier) or SKS (similar release to CS, but using satellite internet).

Unfortunately the measure obviously does not end piracy in the country, but creates greater difficulties for those involved. Currently, only the HD channels available on the Amazonas satellites still use Nagravision 3. The SD channels of all operators, with the exception of the OI TV in SES-6, remain vulnerable

The measure to end piracy instead is that at some point all operators thanks to the use of new satellites upgrade all the receivers of their clients to models compatible with NDS or N4, thus putting an end to piracy.

no one has asked why is he loosing hd channels and what box and signal is he getting,if you have crap cables and splitters expect issues.

Good point !!!

Nobody has asked if he had the HD channels in the first place and then they disappeared
or if they have been missing all along.

Nobody has mentioned trying different Net Id's or any of the stuff you would check first.

Come on guys try to be a bit more helpful !!!

I still think it may be a NAG4 issue lol

Then we could do with knowing which ones have disappeared
and when it started happening.

Yeah, sounds like low signal from cheap splitter or cables

Could do with knowing if other channels are pixalating

Check your splitter and cables and add a signal booster if necessary. All HD channels are working fine on my virmin setup with a zgemma H2. it took virmin years to upgrade to Nagra 3, so don't think Nagra 4 will be around on virmin anytime soon. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited:
Back to the orignal OP i suggest getting a new splitter have heard this issue before or if you can borrow your friends splitter to use at your property

Back