HDMI CEC - Wakeup from TV

chenks

TK Veteran
having a bit of a problem with my H2H and HDMI CEC wakeup.
HDMI CEC is working fine as in i can control the box using my TV remote.

the problem i'm having is that the box won't wake up when the TV source is selected.
the box goes to standby when the TV is put to standby, but the H2H won't wakeup.

i've tried various options "Source Request", "Stream Request", "OSD name request" - neither of which wake up the box.

the H2H is connected to HDMI1, and TV is a Sony KD-43XD8305
wooshbuild infinity 1.008 - OATV6.2 with updates applied from yesterday.

any ideas how to get this working?

Hi Chenks, have you checked through setting HDMI-CEC section on the box? maybe turn it off, restart box and turn back on after restart. when I had the sony bravia it automatically synced to hdmi-cec.

yeah as i said, HDMI CEC is working, as i can control the box using the TV remote.
it just won't wake up on source selection.

If anyone gets this working correctly I would love to hear from them. Over the many years and many boxes and many tv’s I have never got it to work correctly. I gave up despite many attempts.

got it working, but the solution may be specific to my TV.
i had to set the "TV" button on the TV remote to the "detected enigma2" on HDMI1 rather than the actual HDMI1 source option - they are the same HDMI1 in my eyes, but the TV treats it differently for some reason.

now when i press the "TV" button on the TV remote it wakes up the TV and wakes up the H2H.
changing source on the TV puts the H2H into standby, and changing source back wakes up the H2H.

my TV Sony KD-43XD8305 (Android TV).

got it working, but the solution may be specific to my TV.
i had to set the "TV" button on the TV remote to the "detected enigma2" on HDMI1 rather than the actual HDMI1 source option - they are the same HDMI1 in my eyes, but the TV treats it differently for some reason.

now when i press the "TV" button on the TV remote it wakes up the TV and wakes up the H2H.
changing source on the TV puts the H2H into standby, and changing source back wakes up the H2H.

my TV Sony KD-43XD8305 (Android TV).

thanks for the solution, means nothing to me, but may help someone,
I simply have my TV set to change input when my box is turned on.

Back