Health & Safety Risk Assessment on Wearing Facemasks?

You mean to say YET?
This bug is not like anything we are used to,been at high risk i would need to wear a mask or shield if in presence of a few people and if doing shopping doing it at opening times when not crowded.

So we are told, but we did have SARS-1, and from what I've heard its very similar to COVID-19. I don't buy this that covid-19, is any worse than what's gone before. Sure, bad, but not any worse.

Face masks can be a curse moving and slipping down on ones face needing constant adjusting. I am ready for the next upgrade spread as of feb last year bought a full face respirator giving full face coverage.

I'd agree, just watching other peple, their hands are never away from their face adjusting it, taking it off putting it on.......All of which, according to a Doctor I trusted right from the beginning when he advised to keep your hands away from your face. That's where I feel the face visor has been most help for me. I've gave my visor a bash several times attempting to scratch my nose when out lol

I pity those who cannot wear a mask and might be more prone to getting an infection and possibly spreading it in a shop as not wearing one.

My question is why do they want to take the chance of been out there?

Most of us are staying at home in lockdown

I hope for everybody to stay safe.

Well maybe member Steptoe has the answer, maybe they're all more aware than I am, that a facemask doesn't stop the wearer from catching Covid-19

Steptoe said:
you really need to get your facts correct,
facemasks do NOT, and NEVER have been claimed to stop the wearer catching Covid,

Bonus2010
"So we are told, but we did have SARS-1, and from what I've heard its very similar to COVID-19. I don't buy this that covid-19, is any worse than what's gone before. Sure, bad, but not any worse"

Are you for f#cking real with that quote,more people are dying with covid than anything before,it's highly contagious.
And I'm speaking from experience,I've never had anything like this before.
There was a care home where 20 people died,are you telling me that it's not worse than anything before.

I think you're just on here to provoke and start a long winded argument.
Put it this way,I hope you or anyone you know doesn't contract this virus because if you did you might just see it differently from this side of the fence.
Wearing a mask just may save someone's life and I'm more than happy to do that.
That's all I'm going to say on this subject,take care people.

Last edited:
Bonus2010
"So we are told, but we did have SARS-1, and from what I've heard its very similar to COVID-19. I don't buy this that covid-19, is any worse than what's gone before. Sure, bad, but not any worse"

Are you for f#cling real with that quote,more people are dying with covid than anything before,it's highly contagious.
And I'm speaking from experience,I've never had anything like this before.
There was a care home where 20 people died,are you telling me that it's not worse than anything before.

I think you're just on here to provoke and start a long winded argument.
Put it this way,I hope you or anyone you know doesn't contract this virus because if you did you might just see it differently from this side of the fence.
Wearing a mask just may save someone's life and I'm more than happy to do that.
That's all I'm going to say on this subject,take care people.

My goodness! You're coming across as right upser here. Honest, I wouldn't waste my time looking for arguments or involving myself in one on this forum

Yes, there is 78% simularity between SARs-1 and SARS -2 in their biological make up, both members of the coronavirus family and respetory viruses as pointed out by Dr Michael Yeadon,
an ex senior employee of Pfizer Research as I understand it.. As for the comparability to infectiousness I don't know but like all flus they're all pretty infectious.

I don't agree with the accuracy of the figures put out by government of Covid-19 deaths. There's alot of reasons for that (1) including people with underlying health conditions
and (2) the accuracy of PCR testing.

I should say the last I heard there are 388, under age 60 people who have died exclusively of Covid-19 in UK. It's a sad fact of life, as it has been for years
that the elderly and those with underlying health conditions have died when hit with a flu virus during the winter period.

However, we should remember that not everyone is affected the same way if catching Covid-19, most people have strong immunity, and probably won't even realise they've had it.

Just to add on the subject of being exempt from wearing a face mask, and being on the receiving end of discrimination. I'm delighted for whoever has won a legal case with a £7,000 damages
payout of as described by Alex Bellfield (224,000 subscribers).. sets a good precident for everyone else because there's been many incidents of this, even involving the police.

Alex Bellfield didn't mention the abuse faced by people who are exempt from wearing a mask from private individuals. My interpretation of that that would be a criminal matter and should be regarded as a hate crime, for example a customer of shop giving an exempt person abuse.

Anyway, here's a nice video explaining the lovely successful damages claim.

[youtube]

Just to add on the subject of being exempt from wearing a face mask, and being on the receiving end of discrimination. I'm delighted for whoever has won a legal case with a £7,000 damages
payout of as described by Alex Bellfield (224,000 subscribers).. sets a good precident for everyone else because there's been many incidents of this, even involving the police.

Alex Bellfield didn't mention the abuse faced by people who are exempt from wearing a mask from private individuals. My interpretation of that that would be a criminal matter and should be regarded as a hate crime, for example a customer of shop giving an exempt person abuse.

[youtube]
would telling someone, exempt or not, that they are a selfish B'strd for not wearing a mask be abuse or simply stating a fact.?
if you genuinely cannot wear a mask then get home delivery or someone else to do your shopping for you.
just stating a fact btw.
I'd love some selfish b'strd to try take me to court.

[youtube]
fkn ambulance chasing D'head
and that my friends, is why we are in perpetual lockdown.
entitled Karens
that was a 30 second video full of repeated half truths and ballcocks to stretch it to 3 mins edited to suit a narrative.
next you will be telling me the meter man can come into my house without a mask because he is exempt and if I refuse I will be fined £7K LMFAO

would telling someone, exempt or not, that they are a selfish B'strd for not wearing a mask be abuse or simply stating a fact.?
I'd consider that hate crime, and yes if someone were to speak to me in that manner while out shopping, I'd call the police, while at the same time gathering as much evidence as I could. Oh btw, it's not a fact.

if you genuinely cannot wear a mask then get home delivery or someone else to do your shopping for you.
just stating a fact btw.
Again it's not a fact, and again I have rights as much as anyone else

I'd love some selfish b'strd to try take me to court.
Hey, you're welcome to give it a try, sure there's plenty opportunity for you . I'm sure you'll hope you'll find someone as kind as I using legal process.

Last edited:
There is no doubt in my mind when the pandemic is over or somewhat controllable we will see many many claims like these being made just easy way to get money and the lawyers know it will be a cash cow for them.

I'd consider that hate crime, and yes if someone were to speak to me in that manner while out shopping, I'd call the police, while at the same time gathering as much evidence as I could. Oh btw, it's not a fact.

Again it's not a fact, and again I have rights as much as anyone else

Hey, you're welcome to give it a try, sure there's plenty opportunity for you . I'm sure you'll hope you'll find someone as kind as me sing legal process.
and people like you my friend
are the PROBLEM

anything I stated in the post you quoted is an actual FACT
you do NOT have the right to endanger anyone else, oh, sorry, I forgot, you are entitled,,,,,
thats me told off then,,,,,
sorry Karen.

I bet you're the sort of person who if contracted covid would still go out and about without a mask and possibly infect anyone you came into contact with just to try and prove a point.
The different strains seem to affect people in different ways,I've had flu and shrugged it off but covid affected me in ways I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
One question for you is why are you constantly putting up this crap and Are you a wannabe keyboard human rights lawyer looking to screw someone over in these tough times?

I bet you're the sort of person who if contracted covid would still go out and about without a mask and possibly infect anyone you came into contact with just to try and prove a point.
The different strains seem to affect people in different ways,I've had flu and shrugged it off but covid affected me in ways I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
One question for you is why are you constantly putting up this crap and Are you a wannabe keyboard human rights lawyer looking to screw someone over in these tough times?
oh, dont you know, he has never had covid, 100% certain,
he would know for sure if he did,
dont know how, maybe he has supernatural skills,,,,, LMFAO

I'd advise the last half dozen posts to be edited.
His posts are here for one reason and that is to incite comments like those above so that he can then cry to moderators and claim the victim trophy.
And it shows

That is exactly the kind of person he is.

There is no doubt in my mind when the pandemic is over or somewhat controllable we will see many many claims like these being made just easy way to get money and the lawyers know it will be a cash cow for them.
Well, I'm hoping the claims should start about now, lawyers will be advertising for work... no need to wait for anything to be over. I'm pleased about it, because I've seen so many breaches of people's human rights and the Equality Act 2010, not just by supermarkets and shops, but by police colaborating with supermarkets.

Hey, whatever people think of my opinions, it's something to watch out for

Back