Hello All Is iptv the future ?

carmine

Hello All on this Great Forum that has been an absolute god send for me. Hope were all well and doing well ?
As the title of this says is iptv the future and just wanted to know the basics, can i use it in my Zgemma H9S or if not whats best alternative ?
Is it easy to set up and is the only downfall for this is that there will always be a delay of a minute of two for live shows etc ?
Thanks in advance as I said just asking as i know nothing about this and just want to learn lol
Cheers

IPTV has improved greatly over the past few years, with a decent provider it is now as close to the old sat c/s as you can get, yes there is the time delay for football , racing, etc, but thats the nature of the game, mines is around 40 seconds, which suits me ok, still a lot better than paying the likes of sky and VM the big bucks.

IPTV has improved greatly over the past few years, with a decent provider it is now as close to the old sat c/s as you can get, yes there is the time delay for football , racing, etc, but thats the nature of the game, mines is around 40 seconds, which suits me ok, still a lot better than paying the likes of sky and VM the big bucks.
How do you get yours through your old sat box or through an app on TV or what apologies as I am all new to this IPTV

How do you get yours through your old sat box or through an app on TV or what apologies as I am all new to this IPTV
Your box, I'm assuming H9 model? can run satellite TV and IPTV at the same time, there's several plugins you can use, your satellite TV remains intact, you just add an IPTV sub to run alongside it, so if you want to watch any satellite channels you go about it as you do now, if there's something not on satellite but on IPTV you just click on that channel and away you go, there's no chopping and changing plugins/apps/settings etc, you can go from BBC1 to supersport 12 in two clicks

As stated IPTV has come a long since the c/s days your box will handle IPTV well and will support the support the new stream codec most suppliers use nowadays.
As for plugins to watch iptv there is Jedi if providers will provide the details or there is stream editor you can use as pablo has mentioned you can have iptv running along side your satellite channels.
The best thing to do if looking into iptv is take plenary of trials off here via the iptv request thread and if you find one you like take a months sub at a time.
The delay is natural with iptv as it is streamed.
If you decide to go down the IPTV route read the guide on page 1 of the request thread

You could stick with the Zgemma, but easiest way is to get a firestick as almost all providers have an app that takes away any setup hassles, just put your credentials from supplier in and your good to go

You could stick with the Zgemma, but easiest way is to get a firestick as almost all providers have an app that takes away any setup hassles, just put your credentials from supplier in and your good to go
I agree to a degree but Android doesn't have satellite or Freeview capabilities, the op is using multisat/motorised so probably has hundreds of channels he doesn't want to lose

I have 2 boxes in living room, zgemma for all my recordings and freeview TV. Use my formuler for all my iptv and app based needs

I use Android for my main service, its my providers own app on my tv, and when I want to switch to sat, its just a matter of changing hdmi ports, press a button on the tv, then select another hdmi , takes no more than 2 seconds. I get what others are saying though, regards to using your E2 box, your H9 will run iptv easily enough with the right plug in installed, you could create your own bouquets to suit your needs, I am waiting on an Octagon sf 8008 twin arriving, when I get it set up, I plan to put another iptv service on it too.

I use Android for my main service, its my providers own app on my tv, and when I want to switch to sat, its just a matter of changing hdmi ports, press a button on the tv, then select another hdmi , takes no more than 2 seconds. I get what others are saying though, regards to using your E2 box, your H9 will run iptv easily enough with the right plug in installed, you could create your own bouquets to suit your needs, I am waiting on an Octagon sf 8008 twin arriving, when I get it set up, I plan to put another iptv service on it toI
I
I would be interested how my Zgemma would work well or not

That's another option but need to read up well on all options but willing to learn lol

That's another option but need to read up well on all options but willing to learn lol
When replying to two or three different people you can click reply to the first, type what you want to say, then click reply to the second, this will put your reply to him in the same post, then the same with the third
That's great thank you will have a good read up
Like this
And this.

It saves having four or five posts when one will do the same job

I use Android for my main service, its my providers own app on my tv, and when I want to switch to sat, its just a matter of changing hdmi ports, press a button on the tv, then select another hdmi , takes no more than 2 seconds. I get what others are saying though, regards to using your E2 box, your H9 will run iptv easily enough with the right plug in installed, you could create your own bouquets to suit your needs, I am waiting on an Octagon sf 8008 twin arriving, when I get it set up, I plan to put another iptv service on it too.
You got that SF8008 yet , if so how did you find it ?

I have enigma2 box android tv and firestick but sill prefer to use enigma2 everything is there without having to change devices, but I will agree android may be better but I still prefer enigma2 for decent skins.

I have enigma2 box android tv and firestick but sill prefer to use enigma2 everything is there without having to change devices, but I will agree android may be better but I still prefer enigma2 for decent skins.
Yes, I know what you mean regards the skin, but my main iptv provider uses the sky glass look so I dont mind it, I tried to get a good provider for enigma2 a few times for using in another room, but couldnt get one, maybe look again down the line, ended up using a fire stick, which is doing the job rightly.

You got that SF8008 yet , if so how did you find it ?
Dont get me started on that one mate, ordered it, still hadnt arrived after 3 weeks, so got in touch with them to be told it was out of stock and it would be back in stock again late june/ early july, they told me it would be despatched as soon as they arrive back in, plan on giving it another week before contacting them again.

@grahamer67 , Im almost certain there will be few providers on here who would give details for url:port username and password to long serving and trusted members.. But that is the name of the game all it takes is someone to give the dns away and it screws it up for everyone, so you will understand why .

@grahamer67 , Im almost certain there will be few providers on here who would give details for url:port username and password to long serving and trusted members.. But that is the name of the game all it takes is someone to give the dns away and it screws it up for everyone, so you will understand why .
Xc doesn't need URL or port, lots of enigma2 owners use that plugin instead of jedimaker

Yes, I know what you mean regards the skin, but my main iptv provider uses the sky glass look so I dont mind it, I tried to get a good provider for enigma2 a few times for using in another room, but couldnt get one, maybe look again down the line, ended up using a fire stick, which is doing the job rightly.

Dont get me started on that one mate, ordered it, still hadnt arrived after 3 weeks, so got in touch with them to be told it was out of stock and it would be back in stock again late june/ early july, they told me it would be despatched as soon as they arrive back in, plan on giving it another week before contacting them again.
You probably know mate, but most of the issues is chipset manufacture or lack of it.

Back