HELP! DRUNKEN MISTAKES

Just scrolling through the "openwebif" settings, don't ask me why I just ended up looking through everything and there is a messages saying without auth only local access is allowed. Is this the issue?

Just scrolling through the "openwebif" settings, don't ask me why I just ended up looking through everything and there is a messages saying without auth only local access is allowed. Is this the issue?

Yes it looks like the provider has set a password on the box, only him can add lines/make adjustments, which means you have to reflash it to get past it and start again
There's nothing you can do, apart from leave negative feedback, ebay won't be interested as iptv isn't legal anyway and he knows this, the bloke is just a thief like most people selling this kind of thing via ebay

Yes it looks like the provider has set a password on the box, only him can add lines/make adjustments, which means you have to reflash it to get past it and start again
There's nothing you can do, apart from leave negative feedback, ebay won't be interested as iptv isn't legal anyway and he knows this, the bloke is just a thief like most people selling this kind of thing via ebay
Thanks for your help will.contact the seller inguess

good luck but the chances are he won't reply or if he does it will be a request for you to send the box back to him, if you do, you'll never see it again

What image are you using? Menu, information, about.

See if you can see the box on pc via Windows explorer. On pc goto file explorer then network see if you're box is listed.
No unless trying to connect to box outside of network.

In my experience, dream explorer and FTP don't work on password protected boxes, so editing/deleting the password isn't a possibility, @pappahog could verify?

I've seen it dozens of times with people who have bought pre-loaded boxes, when their line expires naturally or just stops working, they can't add a new line by any of the usual methods and it's just a sneaky attempt by the supplier for them to sell them another line as there's only them who know the password

What image are you using? Menu, information, about.

See if you can see the box on pc via Windows explorer. On pc goto file explorer then network see if you're box is listed.

No unless trying to connect to box outside of network.
It does show up on my PC network but I can't access it

Can't find where to download dreamexplorer.
Have a different question, in my bouquet maker log I have a load of errors saying manual update callback error.....name or service not known.
Does this support the theory I've been done by the supplier cutting off my account or something else?

Can't find where to download dreamexplorer.
Have a different question, in my bouquet maker log I have a load of errors saying manual update callback error.....name or service not known.
Does this support the theory I've been done by the supplier cutting off my account or something else?

Press green
press green again, you can download plugins from here, dreamexplorer is in extensions i think
I think it won't install, and if it does it won't work, as the providers who do these boxes have covered their tracks and have made them so that the only option you have is to:
A) contact them and lose more money
B) reflash the box
No idea about the bouquet errors, see if you can get it working again before checking those but it's not looking hopeful.
Worse case scenario is you reflash and add a proper iptv sub, he's charged you £40-£50 over the odds for a box

Got dream explorer up and running. Finding the offending passwordnfilenwill take some time and I have to go work now...thank you all for the help so far. I am more than happy to factory reset and buy a new iptv if need be, I just hope it's simple to do and install.........

Got dream explorer up and running. Finding the offending passwordnfilenwill take some time and I have to go work now...thank you all for the help so far. I am more than happy to factory reset and buy a new iptv if need be, I just hope it's simple to do and install.........

good luck with the password reset but don't factory reset any enigma2 box, it's never required, reflashing is all that is needed, 'factory reset' will make things worse

Thanks for the heads up. If I have to go down the route of a new account is that fairly simple? And where would be the best place for provider's? Is that discussion allowed in this site? Trying to make sure I don't break any more rules obviously

yes you can request a new supplier here, be aware that the majority is utter dross so be prepared to take as many tests as you need to find the good one in 25, and take a short sub to begin with, then after a months sub, take a 3m sub and so on if it remains stable.
never take 6m or a year at a time unless you've taken several shorter subs with them first and it's stayed ok in that time:
http://www.techkings.org/threads/an...r-jan-feb-mar-2019.145590/page-35#post-940282

Hello again...i have access to my box and I have found the config.xml using winscp. How do I copy it so I can delete then reinstall...dont want to screw this any more than it already is :)

Just drag the file to your desktop or any other location on your pc.

Also there should be a provider-sort.current.xml copy that also.

In case anyone was wondering how this turned out, massive thanks to one of the forum members (don't know if allowed to name?) yes I was ripped off but I got the box working again with a shot ton of help and have a new (working) service

Back