Help needed please

gravehead

TK Veteran
hi guys,
posted a message yesterday about losing some channels on my amiko mini combo hd, I didn't get any replies so I got in touch with my line provider who said I should do a new channel search and if that didn't work then I needed a new channel list which he said I could get from the amiko site.
so I tried a channel search but didn't fix the problem so I went on amiko site and downloaded their firmware (AMIKO_MiniHD_1.6.55_conax.rar) which I now have a feeling is not a channel list, i flashed it using the usb port on the box following the tutorial on techkings and i now have a message permanently on the screen which says - SW is not designed for this HW, please change back to official SW----0e080a00001fe1.
i cannot turn the box off at all other than unplugging it, and when i power it back up the same message appears after the amiko screen and nothing works on the remote so i cannot change back to official SW even if i wanted to.
found a couple of posts on teckings about this sort of problem but nothing about whether it can be fixed.
any help would be much appreciated, just need to know if the box is beyond fixing
thanks guys

That is firmware, not channel list. I don't have one of these, but it sounds like you putt the wrong firmware (ie. For another box) onto your box. Try find the correct firmware and see if you can flash by the same method.

You will probably need to reflash it using the RS232 method.

See some of the posts on about page 7 on the tutorial here

thanks for the advice guys, seems like I cocked up big style. the problem I now have is I don't think I can go down the rs232 route, I have a laptop running windows 8 which only has a 15 pin socket and I have an old vista laptop in the loft which I thought might have a 9 pin socket but that too is 15 pin.
I have looked on line for a 15 pin rs232 cable but I can't find them anywhere and the more I have looked into it, it turns out the 15 pin socket is for a monitor not information transfer and as the box is stuck with the SW is not designed for this HW message on it and nothing on the remote works I fear I am well and truly stuck.
is there another alternative maybe usb to usb? any help would be much appreciated
thanks

find someone with an old dell laptop as they usually have a serial port,ask your parents friends granny etc,i never throw out old laptops as they work for these problems,sometimes old desktops have serial ports.

Back