Help Needed Zgemma star H.2.S stuck on boot

Johnw52

Had the box since Dec 2016 and it has worked ok.
Yesterday it would not start up. When I try to power the unit up it shows BOOT on the front panel
but refuses to go any further.There is a constant red light showing to the left of the unit message.
As a complete novice I tried disconnecting the unit and combinations of the on/off and power button but with no joy.
I purchased the unit from Zgemma Sales online store but I have been unable to contact them and nobody else has been willing to offer any useful help.
I paid for a so called 24 month warrantly which is now worthless.
Can somebody with some knowledge kindly help.
Johnw52

You will have to reflash your box with a image wooshbuild is very good easy step by step guide If you go to the download section select wooshbuild for zgemma h2s you can excess the wooshbuild Web site and download the basebuild for your Box Also there is plenty of information how to set up Also a question and answer section

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I have the same problem as of this morning. Luckily I backed up my box yesterday( image back up & complete back up.) what files do I need to put on memory stick to reflash my box, thanks.

I have the same problem as of this morning. Luckily I backed up my box yesterday( image back up & complete back up.) what files do I need to put on memory stick to reflash my box, thanks.
Hi Nadia,

The advice I was given to my earlier posting was good advice.
Download the latest Wooshbuild v5 from the Downloads page.
Ensure your USB is 8GB or more and reformat to FAT 32.
Copy Wooshbuild from your pc to the stick along with any gift/warrantly file you may have.
Ensure the gift code is dragged across with no name changes or alterations otherwise it will not open
up the gift channels.
Power down and restart the Zgemma box.
Put the USB stick into the USB socket at the rear of the Zgemma.
It will initially show BOOT and then change to FLASH
Allow it to run through the load up sequence.
You will need to remove the USB and insert any USB or hard drive USB that you
use for recording during the process.
Once done the box restarts and everything should be ok and clear to view.

Hope this is of help.

Hi Nadia,

The advice I was given to my earlier posting was good advice.
Download the latest Wooshbuild v5 from the Downloads page.
Ensure your USB is 8GB or more and reformat to FAT 32.
Copy Wooshbuild from your pc to the stick along with any gift/warrantly file you may have.
Ensure the gift code is dragged across with no name changes or alterations otherwise it will not open
up the gift channels.
Power down and restart the Zgemma box.
Put the USB stick into the USB socket at the rear of the Zgemma.
It will initially show BOOT and then change to FLASH
Allow it to run through the load up sequence.
You will need to remove the USB and insert any USB or hard drive USB that you
use for recording during the process.
Once done the box restarts and everything should be ok and clear to view.

Hope this is of help.

Thanks John that's exactly what I decided to do ! It worked ok, only I need to put my line in but I'm not sure if I just copy onto a blank stick or I have to ftp it across. If I just copy the line as it is written in my email do you think it will work ?

Thanks John that's exactly what I decided to do ! It worked ok, only I need to put my line in but I'm not sure if I just copy onto a blank stick or I have to ftp it across. If I just copy the line as it is written in my email do you think it will work ?

Hi Nada,
Yes you can have real trouble not putting the line across correctly.
Going back to my previous instuction.
The USB cleanly formatted and plugged into your pc.
You need to go to the email with your line and drag it across to the stick.
You should not attempt any name change or opening of the file as this causes corruption and failure.
I also stumbled at this point originally and found I could not correctly ftp it across.
Straight across as above should do you ok.

Fingers crossed!!

Thanks John, my provider has just emailed a file so I should be able to put it on USB & into box..... hopefully !

Back