HELP NEEEED! HOW TO GET FREESAT HD ON ZGEMMA?

I'm on vix, bought it all set up a few years back and never had any issues... Is there anything I can do?

Plus I've never done what you suggest before nor would I know how to sadly!

But its worked perfectly for years now, no issues. I've been told you cannot get freeview channels through a box though? You need an antenna?

Apparently freesat missing channel four and BBC2 HD...

There are two options.
Install newer ABM
Install newer supported image which will include updated ABM.

Decide what you want to do an we can advise from there.

Apparently freesat missing channel four and BBC2 HD...
Would you not try and change to open atv 6,3 and do as cactikid suggests and try grog build or wooshbuild, also I dont think there is a CH4 HD on freesat, but BBC2 HD is there, I could be wrong on that though.

You need a arial for freeview, or a dish of freesat.

On your box, in autobouquetsMaker, as well as enabling freesat, try enabling sky uk and then set 'FTA Only' to yes. I am sure sky UK Free to view has more channels than standard Freesat but I could be wrong.

Ill post link to forum post with newer ABM when I get home unless someone does it.

BTW Freesat and Sky are providers. Once you enable them, you can pick region.

You need a arial for freeview, or a dish of freesat.

On your box, in autobouquetsMaker, as well as enabling freesat, try enabling sky uk and then set 'FTA Only' to yes. I am sure sky UK Free to view has more channels than standard Freesat but I could be wrong.
I don't get option for FTA anymore @grog68

This is why you need new ABM or just flash the box, takes 25 mins
OK so I will try to update abm. Option 1 looks pretty simple so will give thst a go today! I'll give a shout if thst doesn't work then I'll reflash (no clue how)but let's see if this works! Thank you.

BTW I have a version from 27 Dec 2015
And my box is a zgemma star 2S as per the pic. Is this still the right way to go to update abm?

Attachments

• 15766577492426741523031904016453.jpg
    15766577492426741523031904016453.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Yes try updating ABM as per the links above.
If it doesn't work you'll need to flash a new image, 2015 is hopelessly outdated

I don't know if this might have something to do with the changes that have happened to you openvix set up, a couple of days ago an update happened to my H7s with ABM and it rescanned everything and left my bouquets out of kilter! It done it on its own accord and rebooted during viewing! When I tried to record from EPG most of EPG had disappeared! So I reconfigured ,ticked providers and tweaked ABM and it's back to where it was.
But as Pablo said you need to update image!

Or install ipk

There are three attachments for different chip architectures.

These are rar files, unzip/unar first before transferring to receiver.

Mips32el for receivers like:
Technomate 3T Combo, Vu Solo 2, Zgemma H2H

cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4 for arm receivers like:
Gigablue UE4k, Mutant HD51, Zgemma H7, Solo 4K

Sh4 for receivers like:
Amiko alien

How to install an ipk file

Option 1.

Unzip rar file so you have an ipk file
Place ipk file on USB stick.
Ensure no menus are showing on receiver. Press Exit until you are in Live TV
Insert USB stick
You will get a prompt to install the package

Option 2.
Transfer the ipk to /tmp directory of receiver. Use an FTP client like Filezilla or if your image has Samba installed, you will be able to use My Computer/File Explorer on windows to transfer it

On OpenViX

Blue > ViX > Install local extension
Select /tmp/ and press OK to install extensions
List of ipks will be shown. Select the one you want, ensure it has a tick by pressing OK, then press Green to install

On OpenATV/derivatives
Blue > Plugins > IPK Installer > OK
List of ipks will be shown. Select the one you want, ensure it has a tick by pressing OK, then press Green to install

On OpenPLI
Menu > Plugins > Software management > install local extension

Option 3.
Transfer the ipk to /tmp directory of receiver. Use an FTP client like Filezilla or if your image has Samba installed, you will be able to use My Computer/File Explorer on windows to transfer it

Using Putty/terminal or similar, issue the following command. If your image has the terminal installed in openwebif, you can use that too

opkg install /tmp/*ipk
which one of these files should i use?
Thanks!

You can't attach ipk to forum, that is why they were made into rar files. You need the mipsel version. Unzip/rar it. Transfer, install

Back