Help please. "Offline" Problem with my V8S

Davefad

Any advice will be appreciated.
I have been using my Openbox as a freesat box but I decided to try and receive more channels.
The main issue is the my Openbox V8S just wont get onto the internet. It won't connect to web tv and all the channels are scrambled.
I have tried it both wireless and also using Ethernet. I activated the rellevent sources and also made sure that the DHCP is switched ON
Still "OFFLINE"
I am thinking of doing a full factory reset and set it up from scratch again to see if that will solve it.
What do you think?
Thanks in advance

Have you tried re-booting your router.

If you go to local network settings/ upgrade by network/ connect does it give an error message?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly question maybe,but do you have an active line/gift warranty?

I have bought a gift BUT as I haven't got the internet problem sorted I don't know if its active.

---------- Post Merged at 11:32 PM ----------

If I go to the Wifi Manager I can see my router name, signal intensity (about 60%) and signal quality (about 60%) BUT when I go to Camds Setup / CCcam Client Setup / Manage Config File / CCcam.cfg I can see the server, user name, etc and it says 'offline'. The 'active' tick is on the line and yet I have no internet.... wierd!

Sky, BT,VM have added homesafe [known by other names] into their systems--check your online manager and make sure it's off.
Reaper.

BUT when I go to Camds Setup / CCcam Client Setup / Manage Config File / CCcam.cfg I can see the server, user name, etc and it says 'offline'. The 'active' tick is on the line wierd!

This means the line (gift) is off line not your internet.

Try another line or make sure you have put details in correctly. + what reaper said :-)

Regards

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

can you update programme list on line or access the weather channel? if so then your internet connection is working

Sorry for being thick but how do I check that my online manager is switched off? Is it in my router settings? or is it within the settings of my V8S?
Thanks for your help.

---------- Post Merged at 08:27 PM ----------

No I can't even get the weather channel! Nothing works!

---------- Post Merged at 08:27 PM ----------

Thanks for that. It makes a bit more sense now.

Ive just re-read your post and you mention WIFI manager.Are you trying to connect using a wifi dongle? If so only some dongles will work with the Openbox When in wifi manager are you getting aquiring ip adress and then connected message?

Ive just re-read your post and you mention WIFI manager.Are you trying to connect using a wifi dongle? If so only some dongles will work with the Openbox When in wifi manager are you getting aquiring ip adress and then connected message?

I'm getting,"{Wifi} Device plugin" "{Wifi}Device On" "{Wifi}AP Connected" "IPaddress........

You should be in WIFI set up-------search--locate your broadband connection--install your password/save/connect.
Reaper.

Back