Help please - USB initialisation :( .

Baz_doc

Hey everyone,

Can someone please help me?? I have been trying all day to get a USB to initialise in my box and another 2s I have and have had zero luck.

I have 3 different USB's all good makes Kingston, Sandisk etc and none of them will work :(

I have tried quick format and slow format to fat32 and every time I try on either box it gives me the error:

'ERROR
initializing storage device...
Error:umount: can't forcibly unmount /media/hdd:
Device or resource busy'

I' ve checked recording is disabled and time shift is disabled and just cannot get any of them to work.

Can someone please help me sort this? I'm ready to throw the boxes out the window lol

Any help appreciated

you do the initialise setup on the box not the pc with your kingston in the rear,all mentioned on sucmnsee guide.

Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit all

Last edited:
I just mean it's wont work so I formatted it on my laptop to Fat32 to clear it then put it into the rear of the box to initialise. Everytime I try to initialise using the box I get the above error :( I've literally tried about 20 times

try front port in case rear is faulty,next the people will say use low level format tool mentioned on a few threads.

do you have a usb and hdd on box?

you do the initialise setup on the box not the pc with your kingston in the rear,all mentioned on sucmnsee guide.

Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Exit all

Tried this step by step mate and still the exact same error. I really dunno what to do

---------- Post Merged at 11:54 PM ----------

No mate just trying to run one single 32gb USB

got a hdd setup on box also? if so you should see 2 devices usb and hdd.the info posted says cannot unmount hdd?

go into your mount settings to see what maybe listed?

Last edited:
No mate no. HDD I'm just trying to set up one single USB and no matter what I try it's always the same error message about unable to forcibly unmount as resource busy..... I'm at a loss now

could be faulty usb as not working on 2 boxes,or left with reflashing box and starting again,and if the usb is faulty box wont flash.
might be needing sucmnsee to answer that one.

I've tried 3 different USB's and same error on all 3. Even used one of them to flash so I know it's ok.

Im at the point where I give up now, literally been at it all day trying to get them to work. Even with a reflash etc

thanks for ur suggestions anyway

so you did a reflash and not used settings restore,and setup from scratch would mean usb works and should be able to format from box and then initialise it.

Yeah mate from scratch and used the USB to flash, then formatted on windows to fat32 to clear it. Then install again to use for initialisation and won't work. Same with all 3. Very frustrating lol

How tried 2 cruiser blades and a Kingston on both a H.2s and a 2s.... Same story every time unfortunately, error everytime

Some times i use hhdguru low level format tool after i have use it to flash my box,its like the stick becomes corrupt but after a low level format it works great so you can try that

Ok mate thanks for the suggestion. One thought I had.... Could I initialise and format it in another box and then attemp to mount it to my own.....?

No not really,download free version of hddguru and low level format your usb stick then format to fat32 then as below
power off
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise

Last edited:
Yeah one if them I reflashed the 2s from afresh again and slow formatted the usbs again on my laptop. Pain but finally sorted they one. Haven't had tint to reflash the H2s yet but prob will

Back