Help please

Kerry45

I know cable not gonna be running much longer on my zgemma. I have a paid iptv subscription which is good and wondering what is the best way to run a 2nd Iptv up in my bedroom, where I currently have a tivo box. My virgin contact up in 2 weeks so if virgin dead on zgemma soon, may as well just go for a good broadband deal if just watching iptv in future. I like tivo box in room but renew price b4 I barter if stay is £54.50. Cheeky gets

Well you obviously will not be able to use your TiVo box. Just ask your supplier to upgrade you to a multi room sub.

Buy one of those cheap android boxes off tvguru or a firestick with a lan adapter.

Well you obviously will not be able to use your TiVo box. Just ask your supplier to upgrade you to a multi room sub.

Buy one of those cheap android boxes off tvguru or a firestick with a lan adapter.
No I know if jib virgin, I wont be able use tivo. Which why thinking if worth cancelling and cheaper if just do broadband and get another sub for bedroom and either get another zgemma like what got. H9.2h or diff box or firestick. If runs same with epg like kn boxes that is. And if so, how do I connect 2nd box in room via internet as needs be from router dont it to box. So wondering what best do. If virgin do better deal. Prob worth staying

Not all suppliers do offer multiroom subs but as a second device then a fire stick . An amiko A6 is a step up from the stick and around £15 more

No I know if jib virgin, I wont be able use tivo. Which why thinking if worth cancelling and cheaper if just do broadband and get another sub for bedroom and either get another zgemma like what got. H9.2h or diff box or firestick. If runs same with epg like kn boxes that is. And if so, how do I connect 2nd box in room via internet as needs be from router dont it to box. So wondering what best do. If virgin do better deal. Prob worth staying
How far is the router from where the new box will be ??

Not all suppliers do offer multiroom subs but as a second device then a fire stick . An amiko A6 is a step up from the stick and around £15 more
Oh ok I'll look into box price and see if supplier does multi and cost etc and also what virgin offer to stay lol. And wondering how to connect from router to bedroom. My router is in main lounge and my bedroom above it

Btw. I have an amazon firestick

Just use your firestick as long as it is a V2 buy a lan adapter about £12

I have personally never come across a supplier who dose not offer multi room.

Agree with @moshibeth Amiko a6 box £49.99 same price as 4k firestick remote for it is just like a TV remote has Google playstore mytvonline app can sideload apps I use Amiko box more then any of my other boxes.

buy a set of powerlines for about £25. Most providers do multiroom those that say they don't they just want to make extra money off you.

If you have a firestick then why not try that as is, via wifi and see how it goes. Most providers will let you install on two devices as long as you only use one device at a time without paying for the multiroom which means you can turn your h9 off and test on firestick in bedroom at no extra cost. If it works fine then upgrade sub to multiroom if you're likely to use iptv upstairs at the same time as you are downstairs. I've found older generation firesticks struggle with some apps but newer ones are fine.

Just ask your provider if it will work on firestick and what app to use.

Back