Help rolling back to my old Slyk Skin Please!

Ipodnev

Hi all,

Have recently done an overdue update to latest wooshbuild. I think I was on the previous version. Prior to upgrade I was happy and content with standard slyk looking skin which operated as expected displaying correctly on all menus etc. The recording displayed in proper detail just with file names and progress bar etc. Having upgraded the skin reverted back to an Open ATV skin so I've since had to try and find a workable alternative. Have tried both slyk Q and New Slyk HD but neither look or work in the way I was happy with. One of the key things (although it may seem minor) is when in main graphical EPG pressing the channel + and - button scrolled a full page up or down. On the new skins this goes forward and backward by 24hrs. All I want is my old skin back. It did everything I needed and although it may not be as fancy as the new ones it just worked.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 10:02 PM ----------

I've just had a thought, I think that the sly skin I'm looking for actually came bundled into the wooshbuild as a pre-installed skin.

It is still installed on the versions online if you are using WooshBuild on a 2S or H2S box, you just need to switch skin in WB Config. It just isn't the default skin anymore.

The standard default skin for Wooshbuild V5.003 is SKYWB v1.004 by Chabs.
It scrolls a page at a time as per your post so not sure if you have actually tried this one ?

Last edited:
Thanks Wooshman but I updated to the most recent version (date wise) that I could see via online flash but I only had the Open ATV skin on the box once restored. No Slyk skins were there at all. WB config isn't on there either, and I'm sure that came pre-installed previously too. I may just attempt to re-flash to an earlier version if that's even possible. :(
Am happy to give anything a go and research where I can but I'm no expert in these boxes... just doing my best trying to muddle through to get back to a setup all the family are familiar with using.

---------- Post Merged at 10:16 PM ----------

Thanks Wooshman but I updated to the most recent version (date wise) that I could see via online flash but I only had the Open ATV skin on the box once restored. No Slyk skins were there at all. WB config isn't on there either, and I'm sure that came pre-installed previously too. I may just attempt to re-flash to an earlier version if that's even possible. :(
Am happy to give anything a go and research where I can but I'm no expert in these boxes... just doing my best trying to muddle through to get back to a setup all the family are familiar with using.

---------- Post Merged at 10:20 PM ----------

That sounds like it! I've only got one skin available though. I've had to go out and find the current slyk (q and new) and install them manually but don't get on with them. Will try and find the one you've mentioned. cheers

It sounds like you have downloaded the Openatv nightly build and not Wooshbuild.
If you were updating from V4 there were problems so people were told to reinstall a new build.
I suggest you do this as everything you want is in the latest version.

You updated to a clean version of OpenATV not WooshBuild and therefore have very little on your box at all other than what comes with OpenATV.

You need to have a look at the WooshBuild v5 instructions and flash your box again but this time with WooshBuild or if you have a backup of your box before you flashed and it was WooshBuild v5 flash that and then Re-flash WooshBuild using WB Config.

I can only think that you upgraded from v4 to start with? and then went the same router from v5? Other than that I am not sure how you got to where you are.

haha yeah I confused myself to be honest. I'm still getting wooshbuild splash screen etc but as you say I'm only left with open atv basic setup. I've managed to regain a lot of the setup I had by restoring backup but its not working as desired. Am currently downloading the basebuild wooshbuild files from wooshbuild site to start over.... typical, thought I'd do a quick update on the weekend! that'll teach me hey. thanks for your input.

---------- Post Merged at 10:42 PM ----------

haha yeah I confused myself to be honest. I'm still getting wooshbuild splash screen etc but as you say I'm only left with open atv basic setup. I've managed to regain a lot of the setup I had by restoring backup but its not working as desired. Am currently downloading the basebuild wooshbuild files from wooshbuild site to start over.... typical, thought I'd do a quick update on the weekend! that'll teach me hey. thanks for your input.

When BaseBuild asks to delete your files say NO

Then you can still use your settings backup to restore from WB Config.

Good luck

Thanks again for the guidance. Found some time to do the base build again and am back up
and running with latest wooshbuild including Q skin. My only minor annoyances now are 1) the LCD clock on the front of the box (h2s) is randomly goes wrong from time to time - alway 01:something. But the main bug 2) is that I can't install the wooshbuild plugin to enable Q skin large picons. The screen changes to update on installation progress but then nothing happens and I have to do a hard reboot via the back button. Any ideas? The

Back