Help! Wii softmodding 4.2

sasdisco

Hello people, I am tryingto softmod my 4.2 wii. I downloaded the software to do this, and it's in 3 parts. I can get upto step 9, where it asks to start the homebrew channel and load wad manager.
I use ISO version <ISO249> and its fine.
Then I select NAND emulator devide <SD\SDHC> and thats fine
the source device i use is < wii sd slot > and thats fine
I get the 4 iso's and select NEOR7.wad and select install and I get the error

Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -1)
press any key to continue

Have I done something wrong?

Please help me, and ill be forever in your debt!

Thanks

SAS

Hi sasdisco,that is usualy a sd error try formating the sd card and putting everything back on up to where you are,you are pressing A where you are supposed to

Thanks mate, i managed to do it using a different iso. I now have the neogamma channel, just gonna try and play a game. One last thing, when I open the homebrew channel, it asks me if I want to update, which I don't, but I don't have anything coming up.? Should I have things in here?

Cheers

SAS

no, not unless you want to put a usb loader or wad manager or something like that
well done on getting it done, a good start to your techkings career:grin:

and sinno may say something different and if he does, listen to him, but i wouldnt be afraid to update the homebrew channel

Homebrew is safe to update,as a matter of interest which ios did you use,i'm guessing this is a updated wii

Itried the ISO249 several times without any luck, and I read on another forum to try different ones, so I used 250 and it worked.
Yes my wii is the updated version, 4.2e I didn't want to update, but when I added my internet connection, It updated, so I had to look for the 4.2 homebrew.

How to I load from USB? Do I put the .iso file direct to the hard drive and load the file or do I have to convert it first?

Thanks guys for all ur help.

SAS

You will need wbfs manager on your pc,with this you can format the drive to wbfs and add the iso's to the hdd,usb loader gx is my primary loader,i am dabbling with the configurable loader which can use a fat drive but i dont know enough about it yet to advise which,gx is very good,you can also download all your covers and have them like a carousel

I use the usb launcher channel, you can find the required software here
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EU68QZ5H

in it you will find a folder called apps and one called wad, put them straight onto a blank SD card, pop it in, put on the homebrew channel and there will be a wad manager, load it and it will ask which wad you want to install and then give you a list of one, select it , and it will then install a usb launcher channel.

Back