Help with a couple of terms I'm still unsure about?

cdy

Hello all,
I understand the sensitivity of discussions relating to cardsharing etc, so I'm going to try to word this question approriately.
In my quest to learn about satellite I have come two terms repeatedly but still have absolutely no idea what they mean. Can anybody please try to define "cccam" and "cline" for me?!
Many thanks.

CCcam is software that you put in satellite box and a cline is wot you put in the CCcam and you get pay channels most sat boxs have CCcam in software like blade media and openbox

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, bobby. So, basically, they're both software? The Cline isn't an actual physical line/cable? Thanks again

Hi cdy,

Firstly I know nothing about either, and bobby123 is your man, But when I was researching them myself some time ago, here are a couple of notes I made, I am not sure where I got most of the quotes so can not credit them, one or two of them may have even come from bobby123.

C-LINE

cline is basically the login for your box to the server you are connecting to.
It becomes obvious once you subscribe and most providers will do a guide for you.
Wont post links on here but use google and you will find some from about £6 a month.

CCCAM

In short cccam is a softcam emu cardserver that allows some receivers to read some sat provider cards and share them to other receivers
that are set up on a network

CCcam is an emulator that will open quite a few official cards, it can also open some channels with keys like digiTV on thor, and CW keys when they become available.

CCCAM is an emulator used for the purpose of card sharing & if u are not interested to run a server then i do not think there is any need for u to learn CCCAM its better u try to search C-line for ur own use put it in ur box & enjoy channels

I do not know the accuracy of the quotes cdy but I hope they may help you understand a bit.

jodav :)

Back